“” There are legitimate websites that stream movies and TV shows. But many streaming sites aren’t exactly legal. 10’000 Hours/Getty Images Everyone from Indiana Jones to Luke Skywalker agrees – if you really like their movies, you should pay to watch them. But these days, the web makes paying optional. Sure, the Internet helps studios share their works globally with a few mouse clicks. Yet it also enables digital pirates to spread copyrighted content all over the place, and none of that revenue is pocketed by the creators. Illegitimate movie-sharing frequently happens in two ways. One, users download and install software that connects them to so-called torrent files, which let you download online material by pulling data from multiple computers hosting the same content. Two, a black-market site hosting the movie streams it on demand, much like a YouTube video. Advertisement Advertisement These kinds of data sharing are sternly frowned upon by the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) and, of course, just about everyone involved in movie production. Whereas you might see these services as a convenient way to watch a movie, they view your actions as outright theft, to the tune of nearly $250 billion a year [source:… Read full this story
- From Lust Stories to Roma, the top 10 online streaming movies of 2018
- 10 best free movie streaming services: Netflix alternatives for 2019
- Marvel announces 10 new MCU movies at SDCC 2019: Read the full list here
- The Best Ways to Set Up Disney+ Before You Start Streaming
- Star Wars Movies Coming to Netflix & AMC Theaters?
- Disney+ Is Taking Your Requests for Movies and TV Shows
- Disney+ Launch: Here's Every Movie and TV Show Streaming This November
- Tomb Raider movie review: Angelina Jolie would adopt Alicia Vikander’s Lara Croft in a heartbeat
- Between the Streams: Apple and Kristen Wiig, ‘Solo’ synopsis, Black Widow movie?
- 10 essential
- Stream TV Review: Verizon’s New Streaming Device Is One Odd Duck
- 10 Million People Now Have Disney+, Even If They Couldn’t All Get It to Work
10 Signs That Streaming Movie Site Isn't Legit have 323 words, post on computer.howstuffworks.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.