The NFL preseason officially kicked off with a football-like experience at the 2019 Hall of Fame Game. But even if the Falcons-Broncos preseason opener wasn’t especially eventful, training camps across the country have left no shortage of drama across the league. Stars like Ezekiel Elliott and Jadeveon Clowney have avoided practice while posturing for new contracts. Others like Michael Thomas and Robbie Gould walked away from the bargaining table with lucrative deals. Position battles pit veterans against newcomers for the honor of announcing their names and alma maters on Sunday Night Football. So what have we learned so far this summer? What are the biggest questions that still weigh heavily across the league? We gathered SB Nation’s NFL team to gauge the early run-up to the 2019 regular season. How would you describe the 2019 preseason, using five words or fewer? Christian D’Andrea: Catch man got paid. Michael Thomas has emerged as one of the league’s brightest stars and the perfect complement to see Drew Brees through to retirement. And after making 229 catches the past two seasons, he was set to earn … $1.148 million this fall. That led to a holdout of which the Saints wanted no part,… Read full this story
- Five burning questions for Giants after busy offseason
- Five burning Giants questions: Antonio Brown’s impact on Odell Beckham contract, Adrian Peterson, JPP and more
- Predicting NFL is more difficult than forecasting weather
- How could Louisville football use its freshmen this season?
- Rex Ryan on his NFL coaching future: It’s got to be a real situation, 'I’m tired of getting f--ked’
- Jets Mailbag: Chip Kelly as offensive coordinator? Could a Jets player start for any other team in the league?
- Dougherty: Too soon to label passing on T.J. Watt a mistake
- Kurtenbach: Why the 49ers’ big Richard Sherman bet is already paying off
- High expectations for Boise State? Nothing new. Here is what must get done in camp to meet them
- After hiring Phil Jackson to take PR hits, Knicks owner James Dolan is back in spotlight over Charles Oakley tiff
- Who will start at QB for the Bills in Kansas City? McDermott isn't saying yet
- Inside Giants legend Lawrence Taylor's 1982 Thanksgiving feast
9 burning questions to get you ready for the NFL season have 372 words, post on www.sbnation.com at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.