Annie is the Honored Kid for Giving Tuesday for the St. Baldricks Foundation, which raises money for childhood cancer research. St. Baldricks Foundation Advertisement Hot on the heels of Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes Giving Tuesday, and although cold, hard cash is still involved, it’s a day with a decidedly more altruistic bent. Charities try to get people to donate money to their causes, all on the same day. But where did Giving Tuesday come from? And does it really work? Launched in 2012, Giving Tuesday (often styled with a hashtag as #GivingTuesday) was created by the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at the 92nd Street Y. This New York City-based cultural center sought to use a social media-based platform to kick off the charitable giving season, while also encouraging donors not to wait until the end of the year to make contributions. The organization teamed up with the United Nations Foundation and executives from Mashable, Facebook and Groupon to spread the word about the day. “Year-end is one natural deadline [for donations] largely for tax reasons. Giving Tuesday is meant to be another when people presumably already have their wallets open and a bit of retail guilt from holiday shopping,”… Read full this story
- Cyber Monday shoppers set to crash websites in £1.4billion spending spree
- Giving Tuesday is trying to go global
- What is Giving Tuesday? Charitable alternative to Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Argos launches Cyber Monday discount codes for savings on homeware
- Best Dyson Cyber Monday 2018 deals: here are the best offers
- Cyber Monday – why is it the day of online bargains and which UK retailers will have deals on?
- When is Cyber Monday – why is it the day of online bargains and which UK retailers will have deals on?
- Cyber Monday and Christmas shoppers targeted by gang thieves swiping deliveries from doorsteps
- What is the difference between Cyber Monday and Black Friday and which day is best to grab deals and discounts?
- M&S Cyber Monday 2018: Get up to 50 PER CENT off across departments
- Cyber Monday 2018
- Cyber Monday sales websites ‘set to crash’ as shoppers set to spend £1.4bn on busiest online shopping day of the year
After Cyber Monday, People Open Their Wallets for Giving Tuesday have 370 words, post on money.howstuffworks.com at November 28, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.