Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is urging President-elect Joe Biden to follow through on providing $2,000 coronavirus relief checks to the American people following the reveal of his $1.9 trillion spending plan.Biden unveiled a $1.9 trillion spending plan on Thursday evening, which he believes will speed up vaccine rollout and assist states, local governments, businesses, and individuals in the era of the Chinese coronavirus. However, while Democrats have overwhelmingly continued to call for $2,000 direct payments — a proposal President Trump initially backed — Biden’s proposal “falls short,” as Breitbart News detailed: Instead, it provides for what Breitbart News estimates would be around $320 billion in direct payments of $1,400 for most Americans. Biden’s aides say this amounts to the promised $2,000 when coupled with the $600 included in the aid bill President Donald Trump signed last year. Ocasio-Cortez, a far-left member of the “Squad,” indicated that such is not enough. “$2,000 means $2,000. $2,000 does not mean $1,400,” she said, the Washington Post reported. However, Biden’s team contends that direct payments of $1,400 would still fulfill the promise when combined with the $600 distributed through the $2.3 trillion coronavirus relief and government spending measure President Trump signed last month. Trump repeatedly… Read full this story
- It Only Does Nothing Useful: Examining Sony’s Hardware Woes
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Cyberwarrior Demand Outpaces Supply
- Digital Foundry: Hands-on with the CUH-2000 PS4 Slim
- How much does a Trademark Attorney cost? [and what do they do?]
- Does ‘Assembled in USA’ mean anything for Apple?
- Assassin's Creed Origins is one of the most demanding games around
- WEEKLY RECAP Apple Does the Money Dance
- Mac OS X vs. Windows: Does Soul Matter?
- Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean My Mac Is Secure
- ANALYST CORNER Three Different Approaches to On-Demand CRM
- SAP Expands On-Demand Service Capabilities
- Destiny is best when I’m weak, lost, and confused, and Rise of Iron does it better than any expansion so far
AOC Demands Biden Follow Through on Stimulus: ‘$2,000 Does Not Mean $1,400’ have 300 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.