Apple will begin shutting down iTunes Store music downloads on March 31, 2019. That’s according to industry insiders who claim a phase-out of the service may help the firm keep up with a subscription-based streaming platforms such as Spotify. The news follows a leaked e-mail last month that revealed Apple will stop taking new iTunes LP submissions ahead of more widespread changes. The firm’s own streaming service, Apple Music, has enjoyed growing popularity with around 40 million paid subscribers. Scroll down for video Apple will begin shutting down iTunes Store music downloads on March 31, 2019., according to industry insiders. They claim a phase-out of the service may help the firm keep up with a subscription-based streaming platforms such as Spotify The sources, speaking to Digital Music News, said users would be given ‘ample warning’ of the upcoming phase-out. The source also stressed that existing music downloads will always work on all Apple devices and the iTunes platform. An Apple Music executive has previously confirmed that music downloads would be terminated, although an exact date wasn’t given. ‘If I’m honest, it’s when people stop buying,’ the executive, Jimmy Iovine, told the BBC. ‘It’s very simple.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next… Read full this story
- Apple updates iTunes store T's and C's
- Metal Gear Solid Touch hits Apple's App Store March 19
- All Apple’s app stores are partially down [Updated]
- Apple Updates iTunes On First Birthday
- Apple's App Store and iTunes Store are currently experiencing issues
- Has the iTunes Store jumped the shark?
- The Apps That Owned The iTunes Store This Year
- Apple taking iTunes to the movies?
- iTunes Stores (Thousands of Them) – Live?
- Apple reportedly launching video service around March 2019
- ZapMedia Sues Apple Over iTunes/iPod Combo
- Apple delays iTunes for Microsoft Store, doesn’t give new timeframe
Apple 'will SCRAP its iTunes Store in March 2019 have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.