A few things … — It shouldn’t surprise anyone that wealth has privileges.This is certainly true for those wishing to buy season tickets for the University of Oregon track meets in 2020 or whenever the reconstructed Hayward Field opens for business.In a letter that went out on February 26 to people who have been track season-ticket holders, Oregon spelled out a priority system for buyers wishing to purchase tickets in the lower bowl closest to the finish line. First-served will be donors who have contributed $50,000 or more to the reconstruction.There are five other priority groups, ranked by how many years someone has owned track season tickets and how much money they donate. It’s spelled out here. The letter contains this advisory: “The number of meets hosted at Hayward Field in 2020 will likely be limited based on the construction schedule. Therefore, there may not be a season ticket plan available for the 2020 season. Participating in this seat selection process will enable you to lock in your season ticket locations for 2021 and beyond …”– The track on which Tommie Smith and John Carlos trained for the 1968 Olympics is about to become a multi-level parking garage.Is there one… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders edges towards New Hampshire victory but moderates Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar storm into second and third places as Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren crater - and two also-rans drop out
- Watch – Mayor Bill De Blasio Grilled by New Yorkers on Rising Crime: ‘We Don’t Feel Safe!’
- 2020 arrives in US following New Year's celebrations around the world
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit nine countries in 15 days in first major overseas tour to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio Endorses Bernie Sanders For US President
- New pet store facing community backlash over sale of puppies
- Inside Hoda Kotb's First Days as a New Mom: 'I'm Not Sleeping, and I Don't Even Care'
- Bo Dietl’s Plan To Become New York Mayor Includes Eating Bill De Blasio’s ‘B*lls for Breakfast.’
- India vs New Zealand: Ahead of Test series, Shubman Gill identifies big wicket-taking ball for New Zealand
- These New Puritans: Field of Reeds – review
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Ishant was left to himself’ - Sanjay Manjrekar identifies big difference between India and New Zealand bowling attacks
- Incumbents and Big Spenders Win Illinois Primary – But Only by a Hair
Big spenders will get first choice for seat locations in the new Hayward Field: Oregon track & field rundown have 403 words, post on www.oregonlive.com at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.