(Photos by the author) – If things are going according to plan at this moment, cars are streaking down the Bonneville Salt Flats as part of the long delayed start of Speed Week 2019. Officials made the decision to delay the start of the event and use only one course because of all the water Mother Nature dumped on the Great Salt Lake last Thursday. While the wait was painful, the racers who stuck it out have a place to race and that is all that counts, right? These photos were snapped yesterday as Chad and I were cruising the pits and talking with racers and people who were hoping for action to start as soon as possible. Some of the cars that caught our eye are ones you are familiar with like the famed Target 550 monster with its twin blown engines now driven by Vaelrie Thompson and other far lesser known equipment. There are some neat hot rods in here, some interesting cruisers, and a lot of empty space. We’re not going to lie, this Speed Week has an odd feel and hopefully by this point on Tuesday we’re excited at the prospect of more performance and people heading… Read full this story
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opens in 2019 at Disneyland & Disney World
- UK motorists caught at ‘extreme speeds’ on quiet lockdown roads
- Lou Gehrig's bat sells for $1million at auction after it was revealed to be his favorite model that he 'took from college to the Yankees' and later had reproduced by Louisville Slugger
- India agrees to export 3.75 million tonnes of sugar so far in 2019/20 - trade body
- FOREX-Dollar heads for weekly loss on Fed move, easing virus fears
- WHO Says World Stands at a 'Pivotal Juncture' in Coronavirus Pandemic, Countries Should Ease Restrictions in Two-Week Phases
- India Couture Week 2019: Charting the course of couture
- India vs Pakistan Highlights, World Cup 2019: India Crush Pakistan To Make It 7 In A Row
- Coronavirus data modelling has Australia in good position, but COVID-19 'here to stay'
- COVID-19 deaths rise to 433; state to collect data on race
- Weekly Horoscope: 5 April To 11 April
- The coronavirus death lag explained: How it can take three weeks between catching the disease and being hospitalised (and three days for the NHS to record the fatality)
Bonneville Speed Week 2019 horsepower Model T land speed racing have 379 words, post on bangshift.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.