Are you looking for a good used car? You want style and edgy looks, don’t want to look like a dull or grim fellow? I have a suggestion. Look at the Cadillac CTS. A real nice car, solid, sporty, good handling, a nice ride.
People who drive BMW’s and Mercedes test drove the CTS and were completely surprised that a Cadillac could be so good and an unbelievable value. It is one of those cars where the jaded critics rate it 7.5 on a scale of 1-10, however the owners rate the CTS 9 or 10 pretty consistently. You can get a low-millage 2003 CTS in good condition in the $10,000 to $13,000. price range.
The CTS came out in 2003 the replacement for the German built front wheel drive Catera. The Catera in my humble opinion was an underrated vehicle and it may have been a mistake to put the Cadillac badge on it. The 2003 rear drive CTS is rated highly and in the subsequent years the CTS just got better and better. The owners love them. The 2003 CTS came with a 3.2 liter V6 engine in rear drive and a 5 speed manual or Cadillac’s first 5 speed automatic transmission. The automatic was the same transmission GM provided to BMW for the 5 and 7 series minus the manual shift gate. The Cadillac CTS competes in the near luxury automobile market with BMW 3 series and the Mercedes C class. It also competes with the Infiniti G35 and Acura TL. I like the idea that access to Cadillac service and real Cadillac auto parts is so easy.
My first drive in the CTS was while I was driving the Infiniti G35 regularly. I won’t knock the G, however I was impressed with the build quality of the Caddy. I was asking my self ” why couldn’t GM do this years ago?” I am not a professional driver. I did not put the car through its paces as a professional, but I did a good drive and test, accelerating and braking and turns at speed. I was impressed and so was everyone with me, BMW drivers in the mix were equally impressed. At the the time I said “I’d take the Cad.”
Standard equipment starts with four wheel anti-lock, disc brakes, traction control, front and fear head air bags,front and side curtain air bags. 16″ wheels standard, Major Options; 5 speed automatic transmission, express open sunroof, heated front seats, Bose audio system with 6-disc CD changer, CD based navigation system HID headlamps Premium paint; garnet red or white diamond, split folding rear seat. CTS Luxury Package comes with 17′ alloy wheels, includes 8 way power passenger seat, memory seat, electrochromic inside reaview mirror with compass, wood trim package including wood-trimed steering wheel, door handles and shift knob, audible Theft Deterrent System, and 3 channel Homelink Garage Door Opener.The CTS Luxury/Sport package includes all the features in the Luxury Package plus; sport calibrated suspension with rear leveling performance brake lining and speed sensitive steering, and Stabilitrak 2.0, 17″ cast aluminum wheels p225/50vr tires. Very nice.
When inspecting a prospective CTS look at the automatic transmission, check the fluid, the steering solenoid, electrics, and HVAC system. See to it that it all has been serviced and you can verify it yourself.
- How 20pc+ of used-car sales are imports
- More than one-in-five used cars to change hands so far this year were imports
- Portugal's used car imports triple due to high new car prices
- Part-exchanging your old vehicle could help you land the best price when buying a used car
- You have a one in 14 chance of buying a used car with tampered mileage – here’s how to spot a clocked motor
- Top 10 most reliable used cars for student drivers – the best value motors with affordable repair costs
- New used car retailer to open in Chesterfield
- Used car retailer opens in Chesterfield
- Used car importers stage protest outside House
- Footballer 'used car as one tonne weapon'
- Banned driver caught using car said he wanted to visit his dead dad
- Barrier to prevent commercial vehicles using car park