China’s President Xi Jinping has appeared to hit back at U.S. President Donald Trump during a speech, blasting “beggar-thy-neighbor” trade practices. Xi used his most pointed language yet during a speech at a Shanghai trade fair in which he took shots at protectionism and hinted at ongoing tensions between China and the U.S. over trade. Washington has slapped $200 billion worth of tariffs on Chinese products, to which China has retaliated with tariffs on $110 billion worth of American goods. At a midterm election rally on Sunday, Trump referred to China’s “abusive trade practices.” On Monday, Xi told the China International Import Expo countries “should strive to improve their business environment and solve their own problems. “They shouldn’t always whitewash themselves and blame others, or act like a flashlight that only exposes others, but not themselves. “As globalization deepens, the practices of law of the jungle and winner-take-all are a dead end. The Chinese economy is a sea, not a pond. Storms can overturn a pond, but never a sea,” Xi said in his highest profile public address since April, Bloomberg reported. In a pitch to be a pro-globalization leader, the Chinese leader revealed he would lower tariffs and improve… Read full this story
- Hong Kong's protests are a personal challenge to strongman Xi Jinping
- Xi Jinping: what is behind the Chinese president’s power grab?
- PHOTOS: China’s Emperor Xi Jinping Celebrates Himself at 70th Anniversary Parade
- China reappoints Xi Jinping as president with no term limit
- Xi Jinping arrives in Mamallapuram; Received by PM Modi
- PM Modi cleans Tamil Nadu beach ahead of talks with Xi Jinping
- Pence Takes Swipe at NBA, Nike in Critical Speech on China
- A human rights activist, a secret prison and a tale from Xi Jinping's new China
- From chiseled communist soldiers to 'pretty boys,' this is what masculinity looks like under Xi Jinping.
- 'The button was FAR better than the SWIPE!' Trump lets Apple CEO Tim Cook know he prefers the home button on the iPhone which has been replaced with a swipe on its latest models
- Debate coach: A lesson in taking down Trump
- Sen. Ted Cruz: Trump should complain to Xi Jinping about China’s assault on Hong Kong
China's Xi Jinping Takes Swipe at Trump's 'America First' Policy have 377 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.