Elisabeth Moss portrays horror novelist Shirley Jackson in the upcoming film Shirley, out June 5th. Directed by Josephine Decker and executive-produced by Martin Scorsese, the trailer features Moss’ Jackson sitting in an armchair at a cocktail party as a guest asks her what she’s writing next. “A little novella called none of your goddamn business,” she quips. A newlywed couple — portrayed by Logan Lerman and Odessa Young — moves in with Jackson and her husband, Stanley Hyman (played by Michael Stuhlbarg), just as the writer is working on her next book. “I read your novel,” Young’s character tells Jackson, as chaos ensues over a string arrangement. “It made me feel thrillingly horrible.” “Shirley Jackson was a wildly unorthodox human and storyteller,” Decker said in a statement. “Encountering her work was like finding a map toward becoming the kind of artist I would like to be. Daring. Intimate. Structured yet dreamlike.” “Shirley’s work rides on the skin between imagined and real, seducing with its oddness and humble cracks until you can’t tell if you’re looking up the stairwell or into your own mouth,” she added. “I felt strongly that this film needed to feel like a Shirley Jackson story.” Jackson… Read full this story
- Here Is the Harrowing Trailer for Jordan Peele's New Film,
- 2019 horror movies: Are you ready to scream?
- Jordan Peele's new Us trailer makes our inner demons the monsters
- Jordan Peele drops first Us movie trailer, and it's creepy
- Jordan Peele's new Us trailer transforms our inner demons into terrifying monsters
- Witches, haunted houses, and a few non-horror shows coming to TV this October
- Suspiria star Jessica Harper on Luca Guadagnino updating Argento for 2018
- Comic-Con 2018 trailers: Godzilla, Aquaman, Shazam and more
- Richard Hammond risks death AGAIN as he almost drives off an icy cliff in new Grand Tour clip
- It's 'Us'! Jordan Peele delivers the trailer for his new horror film on Christmas morning
- Every movie trailer we have for 2019's biggest films
- Movie screenings for the week of August 9
Elisabeth Moss Stars as Horror Novelist Shirley Jackson in New Trailer have 328 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.