With lawmakers, presidents, advocates and venture capitalists lining up to criticize the tech industry’s missteps in the last couple years, you’d think that’d be enough. But no: Even the tech industry’s own employees are fed up.A new survey of 1,500 respondents from the Edelman Trust Barometer conducted around California in January found the endless string of scandals that have hit tech giants like Facebook, Google and Uber have taken their toll. More than half of tech industry employees now say that their data is shared too much and that companies have failed to protect our data. Edelman’s surveys also found falling trust in the tech industry to do the right thing. Now, surveys show, people have more faith in marijuana growers and dispensaries than they do social media companies. It’s no surprise then that 59 percent of respondents say the tech industry should be more regulated than it is now, up from 46 percent last year.The results are the latest sign of how far the tech industry’s star has fallen in recent years. That’s in part because its largest companies played central roles in social and political upheaval around the world. There’s Russian election interference, propaganda that inspired war crimes, sexual harassment and one… Read full this story
- Amazon boss Jeff Bezos tops list of Silicon Valley's best performing tech CEOs
- Could Madrid become the next Silicon Valley?
- Silicon Valley tech company creating 150 new jobs in Belfast
- Govan could become ‘Scotland’s silicon valley’ with new university campus
- The embarrassing truth about efforts to fight sexism in Silicon Valley
- It will take 25 years to achieve gender equality in the tech industry
- The wave of unicorn IPOs reveals Silicon Valley’s groupthink
- Silicon Valley: Geography is destiny
- Scotland’s new ‘Silicon Valley’ offers hope and a warning – leader comment
- The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley, review: a riveting chronicle of fraud on a massive scale
- Silicon Valley's employee protests are forcing tech bosses to pay attention
- Silicon Valley pay: How Jeff Bezos is following Henry Ford’s playbook
Even Silicon Valley workers want more regulation of the tech industry have 349 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.