Facebook said Friday it’s killing a feature that allows administrators and members who are part of the social network’s groups to post videos and photos that vanish within 24 hours. The feature, called group stories, has been available globally since December 2018. The company will start sunsetting group stories on Sept. 26 at 9 a.m. PT. Existing group stories will be deleted and users won’t be able to post any new ones. ”We’re sunsetting group stories because we want to make sure that features in groups enable people to connect in fun and useful ways, and we’re always looking at ways to improve the overall experience for communities on Facebook,” a Facebook spokesman said in a statement.Facebook users will still be able to post ephemeral content through their personal profiles. More than 1.4 billion people on Facebook use groups every month. Facebook groups are an online space where users gather and chat about common interests. The company declined to say how many people used the group stories feature that it’s discontinuing. Social media industry commentator Matt Navarra spotted this upcoming change earlier on Friday.
- FMIA: 2020 NFL Draft, Stripped Of Glitz And Replaced By Humanity, Is A Successful Diversion Amid Pandemic
- Coronavirus live updates: Gilead CEO says 1.5 million vials of remdesivir to go out this week
- FMIA: With So Much Unknown, NFL Can Expect Imperfect 2020 Season
- ‘Put on a mask and shut up’: China’s new ‘Wolf Warriors’ spread hoaxes and attack a world of critics
- Coronavirus latest: German ministers aim to reopen restaurants within 2 weeks
- Coronavirus as it happened: German ministers aim to reopen restaurants within 2 weeks
- How to Succeed in Advertising (and Transform the Internet While You’re At It)
- The best iPhone apps (April 2020)
- 5G, coronavirus and contagious superstition
- McConnell: I am the 'grim reaper' of the Democratic socialist agenda
- Film News Roundup: South African Drama ‘Chain of Voices’ Gets Financing (EXCLUSIVE)
- The future of everything: Why the third industrial revolution is a risk to NZ
Facebook to shut down its group stories feature next week have 336 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.