Matthew DeBord, provided by
Published 9:14 am CST, Thursday, February 28, 2019
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo replaces the 488 GTB and will be officially revealed at the Geneva motor show in March.
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo gets a turbocharged V8 from the 488 GTB-derived Pista that cranks out 710 horsepower, making the F8 Ferrari’s most powerful mid-engine production car in history.
- The F8 also features a famous design cue from the Ferrari F40.
The F8 Tributo assumes the critical role of two-seat Berlinetta in the Maranello lineup, taking the top-level, special-edition 488 Pista’s 710 horsepower, twin-turbocharged V8 and dropping it into a production Ferrari.
The 0-60 mph dash comes in at about three seconds, while the top speed is 211 mph. Ferrari knocked 88 pounds off the 488 GTB and did a bit more than simply tweak the supercar’s design.
“Designed by the Ferrari Styling Centre, the F8 Tributo is essentially a bridge to a new design language that will continue to emphasize Ferrari’s key characteristics of high performance and extreme aerodynamic efficiency,” Ferrari said in a statement.
The real drama is both up front and at the rear. The F8 Tributo has what Ferrari calls and “S-Duct” behind its nose, which the carmaker said increases downforce by 15%. In the back, The F8 Tributo borrows and updates the late-1980s-vintage F40’s louvered engine cover and nods to the F40’s signature tall wing with a more modest spoiler wrapping around the tail lights.
Ferrari didn’t detail pricing, but the 488 GTB starts at just over $250,000.
Let’s take a closer look at the newest Ferrari:
The Ferrari F8 Tributo updates the sleek styling of the carmaker’s 488 GTB supercar.
The F8 Tributo advances the styling of the 488 Pista.
Ferrari fans will be thrilled by the louvered Lexan engine cover, which recalls …
- I put Tesla’s high-performance Model S and Model 3 up against the BMW M5 and M3 to see how they compared — here’s the verdict
- Volvo’s high-performance Polestar brand just unveiled Sweden’s answer to the Tesla Model 3
- Investors in the energy-storage company Tesla is trying to buy for $218 million are suing to block the sale
- HBO's 'Silicon Valley' Got One Thing Right: Tech Companies Hire Models to Chat Up Nerds
- The top 10 most expensive cars of all time by brand including Ferrari, Jaguar, Porsche and Aston Martin models – but which one would YOU choose?
- Holden commits to Supercars with ZB Commodore amid iconic nameplate’s axing
- Wot I Think: Company Of Heroes 2 Single Player
- OnePlus 7T: Big update on display confirmed for the cheaper model
- 'Straight dads bring their 10-year-old kids!' RuPaul's Drag Race star Plastique Tiara expects families to come along when the US reality show arrives in Australia
- Marlborough racing tips for Saturday, December 7
- Marlborough racing tips for Monday, December 9
- Marlborough racing tips for Tuesday, December 10
- Marlborough racing tips for Wednesday, December 11
- Marlborough racing tips for Thursday, December 12
- IBC to be amended to protect new owners of bankrupt companies