The Morning Shift All your daily car news in one convenient place. Isn’t your time more important? Saying farewell to tax credits for certain electric vehicles in the United States, Carlos Ghosn’s jail time, record EV sales in Norway and payment extensions for people affected by the U.S. government shutdown. All of this and more in The Morning Shift for Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019. 1st Gear: General Motors’ EV Tax Credit Is Reportedly on the Way Out The United States offers $7,500 tax credits to new-car buyers who choose to go electric, but the good times don’t last forever: As we saw with Tesla recently, only the buyers who get in early get to take advantage of the lower prices. Reuters reports that an unnamed source briefed on the matter said this week that General Motors hit the magic number that begins the phase out of the tax credit, which is 200,000 vehicles sold in the country. The person said GM hit the number in the fourth quarter of 2018, meaning the tax credit will drop to $3,750 in April, $1,875 in October, and will be gone by April of 2020. This is one of the few times when it… Read full this story
- Best electric cars on sale in 2019: Tesla Model S, Jaguar I-Pace and more
- Brits fear electric cars can’t be used in the rain or driven through puddles
- Electric cars will not be Congestion Charge exempt from 2025
- Electric cars won’t simply appear out of nowhere in Finland, says head of ATCF
- Taoiseach doesn’t quite lead charge on electric cars
- £210m child tax credits unclaimed, Labour say
- DVLA reveals how to spot a car tax scam and what to do to avoid falling victim online
- George RR Martin show scores up to €30m in tax credits
- Four friends met up to say goodbye before crash
- Donegal crash tragedy: Four friends met up to say goodbye before crash
- Electric car maker Tesla to cut workforce by 7%
- 'We never got to say goodbye and tell him how much we loved him'
Get Ready to Say Goodbye to GM's $7,500 Electric Car Tax Credit have 344 words, post on jalopnik.com at January 3, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.