Worldwide shipments of PCs grew 1.5% in the second quarter of 2019 after two quarters of decline, according to a preliminary Thursday report from Gartner. Sixty-three million units shipped in Q2 2019, compared to 62 million units the same time last year, the report says.That growth was “driven by demand from the Windows 10 refresh in the business market” in Q2, said Mikako Kitagawa, Gartner senior principal analyst. “Desktop PC growth was strong, which offset a decline in mobile PC shipments.”Lenovo, HP and Dell were the top three vendors and made up just over 64% of global PC shipments, according to the report. They made up 60.7% of shipments in Q2 2018. In the US, 14 million PCs were shipped in Q2, down 0.4% from the same time last year, Gartner says. HP and Dell remained in the #1 and #2 spots for shipments, respectively. PC shipments in Asia/Pacific dropped 1% compared to last year, largely due to a weak market in China, Gartner says.But ongoing trade disputes and the threat of tariffs lend some uncertainty to PC demand in the near future, Gartner says. ”While the U.S.-China trade war did not impact the PC market in the second quarter of 2019,… Read full this story
- Gartner Says 4G Is A Technology In Search Of A Business Case
- Molybdenum Supply Problems Ahead, Mining Exec Says
- Where Can I Find High Quality Tool For My PC?
- Can Nuclear Energy Save You From Global Warming?
- Perks of Global Warming
- Is Boston Based Christian Science Monitor Promoting Global Warming Alarmist Agenda?
- Problem Solution: Global Communications Corporation
- The Non-Hostile Overview Of Choosing A PC Or Mac For Your Computing Needs
- 5 Reasons to Position Yourself To Take Advantage Of The Global Mobile Messaging Revolution
- Improve PC Performance - 6 Tips You Must Know
- Hyundai Quarterly Profit Dips 10%
- Michael Dell's Notebook PC
Global PC shipments grew 1.5% in second quarter, Gartner says have 303 words, post on www.cnet.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.