Google Home Mini has vaulted to the top spot in the global market for connected speakers, edging out a rival device from Amazon, a survey showed Wednesday.The Strategy Analytics report for the second quarter of 2018 showed the smallest device from Google captured 20% of the market with sales of 2.3 million. That was slightly ahead of the Echo Dot, the similarly sized device from Amazon, with an 18% market share.Amazon retained its overall lead with a combined market share of 30% for its Echo and Echo Dot, the research firm said, compared with 27% for Google’s two speakers.Alibaba’s Tmall Genie sold in China was the fourth biggest seller in the survey with a seven percent market share, the report showed.Apple’s HomePod was not among the top sellers but because of its high price tag, captured 16% of the revenue in the market, according to Strategy Analytics.The research firm said the market was rapidly evolving with more manufacturers entering.“The number of smart speaker models available worldwide has grown significantly over the last twelve months as vendors look to capitalize on the explosive market growth,” said David Mercer, vice president at Strategy Analytics.“Heavyweight brands such as Samsung… Read full this story
- Grab two Google Home Mini smart speakers on sale for $35 with your Amazon Prime membership
- Apple pushes launch of HomePod smart speaker to early 2018
- Google’s new Nest smart speaker is all cloth
- Google confirms new Nest smart speaker with official photo and video
- Smart speaker or smart display: Which should you buy?
- How to make a DIY-smart speaker using your old iPhone or iPad
- Best Google Home speaker deals - cheapest prices and best deals for 2020
- Images of Google Home successor don’t show a convincing reason to upgrade
- The 8 Best Smart Speakers With Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri
- The best smart home devices of 2020: Google and Amazon lead the way
- The cheapest Google Home prices for July 2020: the best Home Mini, Hub and Max deals
- Amazon Echo Studio vs. Google Home Max
Google Home Mini leads smart speaker market in Q2 2018 have 329 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.