Google is reportedly preparing to launch a display-equipped smart speaker in a direct competition with Amazon and Alibaba Group Holding in the voice-activated gadgets category.“Google targets to ship some three million units for the first batch of the new model of smart speaker that comes with a screen. It’s an aggressive plan,” Nikkei Asian Review quoted an industry source as saying on Thursday.The new product would be part of the Google Home range of smart speakers, running on Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based Google Assistant, similar to Amazon’s “Echo Show”, which is a pair of two-inch speakers with a 7-inch touchscreen that displays visual output for Alexa’s responses.Google’s upcoming model with the display is still likely to rely on voice commands, but users should be able to play YouTube videos, check their calendars and view maps, the report added.The Android developer’s AI speaker lineup currently features the standard Google Home, the cost-effective Home Mini and the high-end Home Max.The first two options are positioned against Amazon’s regular Echo and Echo Dot, while the top-of-the-line model competes with Apple’s HomePod, which comes with the Siri voice assistant.The search engine giant accounted for 36 per cent of over 9 million… Read full this story
- Amazon slashes prices on a Echo smart home and Fire TV devices
- Amazon and Best Buy drop huge deals on Lenovo, JBL, and Amazon smart displays
- Millennial ways to spice up your game night!
- The best cheap smart home devices and gadget deals for March 2020
- The best alarm clocks for 2020
- TCL's refurbished 50-inch 4K Roku TV is discounted to just $170 via Walmart
- The best tablets for 2020
- Keep an eye out around the house with refurbished Arlo cameras and light systems from just $100
Google’s next smart speakers to come with screens, to take on Amazon Echo Show have 291 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.