Google’s Pixel 4 phone could come equipped with the tech giant’s Project Soli chip, according to a report. Known as Project Soli, Google’s radar-based motion sensors will allow users to operate phones via hand gestures.Google had unveiled Project Soli at I/O back in 2016 with a video, showing how people could use the technology to control their smartwatch and smart speakers by moving your hand and fingers. Now playing: Watch this: Google’s Project Soli: Controlling devices using hand… 3:00 9to5Google said Tuesday it had heard that the Project Soli chip is being integrated into the upcoming Pixel 4 flagship phone.In Dec. 2018, Google was granted approval by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deploy and operate the Project Soli sensors at high power levels and aboard aircraft.Google had applied for the waiver in March last year, with the sensor allowing Google to capture motion in a 3D space using a radar beam. This enables the touchless control of devices.”Grant of the waiver will serve the public interest by providing for innovative device control features using touchless hand gesture technology,” Julius Knapp, the FCC’s chief of Engineering and Technology, wrote in the order at the time. Now playing: Watch this: Project… Read full this story
- Google Pixel review: Assistant, camera add up to a winner
- Google Pixel's 'Only on Verizon' pitch isn't what it seems
- Google's Project Fi sounds cool, but will it work?
- Lenovo unveils augmented reality smartphone using Google's Project Tango
- Google has discovered hardware is, well, hard
- Google inks $1.1 billion deal with HTC, maker of Pixel smartphones
- Google unveils new Nexus phones, Chromecast devices
- Project Loon: Google’s latest high-tech project beams the Internet down from helium-filled balloons
- Google 'Project Wing' working on delivery drone fleet
- Google Maps goes underwater: Street View technology now lets users tour oceans
- Google to steer clear of fully driverless car: report
- Three crashes so far with Google self-driving cars in Chandler
Google's Pixel 4 could have the Project Soli chip have 327 words, post on www.cnet.com at June 11, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.