Finding a graphics card is frustrating at best and impossible at worst. Thankfully, NVIDIA believes it may see the light at the end of the tunnel, as the company believes it's in a "good position" to meet demand.
In an interview with The Register , NVIDIA's CFO, Colette Kress, discussed all sorts of things, including the chip shortage.
"We continue to try and get more supply for the latest quarter. But at the same time, we are procuring supply commitments for longer term. In many cases they can be for a year out, some of the times they may be for multiple years out," Kress said.
"We are working, as we've mentioned, in terms of longer-term, getting that supply." Kress continued. "In the second half of calendar '22, we believe we'll be in a great position with our overall supply in terms of our estimations of what we will need going forward."
If there's one company we'd like to see be optimistic about the chip shortage , it's NVIDIA, as it makes some of the most popular graphics cards on the market (and some of the hardest to find).
We'll have to wait and see if video cards are readily available in the near future. NVIDIA's optimism makes us feel like we might actually be able to head out to our local electronics store to find a GPU at some point soon, but we shall see.
- GPU Shortages Will Worsen Thanks to Coin Miners
- Bad news for gamers: GPU prices expected to go up 25% due to Trump tariffs
- Nvidia: RTX 3000-series supply issues will last for months
- A Trump tax means you’ll pay even more for Nvidia and AMD’s impossible-to-find graphics cards
- Nvidia Ada Lovelace: Next-gen graphics could be 71% more powerful than RTX 3080
- Nvidia’s Game On CES 2021 announcements: How to watch and what to expect
- Nvidia CEO: cryptocurrency mining “is not our business”
- These are the best cheap GPU deals for January 2021
- GeForce RTX 3080 Max-Q Rumored to Use Full GA104 GPU
- Nvidia’s GTC keynote was big on business, but ignored gamers and miners
- Nvidia's GeForce RTX 30 series mobile GPUs could debut at CES 2021
- CES 2021 computing: What to expect from AMD, Nvidia, and more
GPU Shortage Should End In 2022, According to NVIDIA have 449 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.