Helite, the French company behind protective motorcycle and ski jackets with built-in airbags, now has a protective vest for cyclists that uses the same technology. Helite B’Safe is a smart airbag vest that protects bike riders in case of accident. Helite first came to our attention at last year’s CES when they shared the Hip’Air (now the Hip’Safe) a pair of airbags inside a belt that deploys when someone falls to protect their hips. Now the company is focused on reducing the injuries cyclists experience when they fall during a ride. B’Safe uses two sensors, one mounted on your bike’s saddle post and the other inside the vest. The saddle sensor detects shocks from the surface you’re riding on as well as its proximity to the vest sensor which analyzes driver position and speed. It takes 60-milliseconds for the sensors to detect a fall and 80-milliseconds for the airbags to inflate. The vests themselves have a Patagonia-look and come in black or neon yellow. The price is expected to be around $700 which converts roughly to £545, AU$975 and will be available next spring in the US and Europe. Now playing: Watch this: The hippest wearable to get your grandma… Read full this story
- Turnout in French Yellow Vest protests falls to lowest yet
- Famed Paris brasserie ransacked by 'Yellow Vests' to reopen
- Smoke protection kit unfit for purpose
- 10 reasons why you need to go on a family bike ride this summer
- A 600kg cow had to be rescued after falling into a muddy bog
- Vienna tops global cities list, Yellow Vests hamper Paris hopes
- Scrambler bikes and hoax calls
- Are we the wild west of data protection?
- Three teenagers arrested after spate of Bristol bike thefts
- Teen accused of fleeing murder scene on Boris Bike gives defence
- Lloyds profits fall 7% as bank reveals more PPI pain
- Debt write-off applications up as bankruptcy numbers fall
Helite B'Safe at CES is a bike vest with airbags to protect you in a fall have 323 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.