We all have our ultimate dream vehicles, right? For my kids at this moment those are the crazy exotics that cost millions of bucks. For older guys maybe it was the car that they could not afford in high school. For me? For me the white truck in this video is IT. A big 1979 Ford that has big block, a four speed, monster axles, and the ability to pull a sled with impunity. When you put all that stuff together it sounds awesome but when you drop in a high hitch point it adds up to one heck of a wheelie when the truck digs in at the end of the course.
My love for the 1970s era Ford trucks was totally inspired by Bigfoot 1 and I think there are lots of guys out there like me. As a kid reading truck magazines, I saw that truck evolve into what we now know as a monster truck. First on 48″ tires and then on the full deal 66″ rubber that has come to define what a monster truck is, I think I actually liked it better on the 48s. There a look to a truck on those tires that’s just amazing. This rig is not on 48s but it does have the small diameter wheels and loads of sidewall surrounding said wheel to create a look that’s just perfect for me.
When you hear the uncorked big block doing work wit that sled on its back it is literal music. As the weight box comes up and the full brutal weight of the sled is on the back of the truck, the front end comes up and man it keeps coming up. This guy stands the thing up basically vertical before taking his foot out of it and landing with a thud. The feeling in the cab of the truck must be awesome!
Press play below to see this big 1979 Ford go nearly vertical while pulling –
- High Easter point-to-point: Preview and directions
- UIL adds instant replay for football championship games
- High schools: Locals perform well at Pelham Invitational
- Girls’ high schools: Laconia tops Kearsarge in matchup of last 3 D-III girls’ lacrosse champs
- Playing video games is about to become a real-life high school sport
- High schools: Concord prevails at Coe-Brown’s Black Bear Invitational
- The 2017-18 All-Courant High School Girls Basketball Team
- Boys’ high schools: Gilford baseball picks up shutout win over rival Belmont
- Trail safety upgrades underway at Burlington's Rock Point
- High schools: Hopkinton baseball cools off red-hot Newmarket
- High schools: Track and field athletes flock to MV Invite
- The top high school baseball recruits in Houston