advertisement advertisement advertisement Hims, a heavily branded online pharmacy with a limited range of products, began trading as a public company on Thursday at $17.08 per share. Its price dropped 7% over the course of the day. The company went public through a merger with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Oaktree Acquisition Corp, which closed on Wednesday. The deal valued Hims at $1.6 billion. advertisement advertisement The IPO is notable because it suggests that Hims and its model of healthcare are here to stay. The company has made steady progress since its inception four years ago. It now has nearly 300,000 subscribing customers across its two brands: Hims (for men) and Hers (for women). For all of 2020, the company expects to take a loss of $20 million on revenue of $138 million. Next year, it plans to grow revenue 30%. Hims started as a wellness brand, but has grown beyond that into full-on primary care. It now has great potential to reach the surprising number of people who don’t already have a regular doctor. However, it’s not clear that its business model will deliver the kind of health outcomes that traditional long term primary care can offer. Its rotating… Read full this story
- Medical sources: Doctors leaving Central Maine Healthcare
- Black lawmaker says Miami Democrats have ‘lynched’ him in primary
- Senator Cory Booker holds event for gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
- WEEKLY Special Report: Put Your Name On It
- Is your doctor banned from practicing in other states? State licensing systems keep patients in the dark
- Trump's favorite county
- Steve Cohen Is Spending Millions to Help Veterans. Why Are People Angry?
- Staffers are fleeing as central Maine hospital system is roiled by turmoil
- Two North Naples Republicans seek Collier Commission seat
- First generation nursing student at Alabama defies circumstances
Hims just went public. What does that mean for the future of healthcare? have 285 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.