Honda is installing wind turbines at its transmission plant in Russells Point, OH that will spin and supply 10 percent of the factory’s electricity needs. The turbines are expected to produce 10,000 megawatt hours (MWh) per year, while also (naturally) reducing CO2 emissions.Once the turbines begin operating later in 2013, Honda will be the first major automotive manufacturing facility in the United States to obtain a substantial amount of its electricity directly from wind turbines located on its property. The company is certainly not the only one to make its plants greener. Earlier this month, Volkswagen began operating the largest solar power installation at an auto manufacturing plant in the US at its Chattanooga, TN, facility, were the Passat is produced. Subaru, General Motors and Ford are just some of the OEMs going “landfill free” (a claim that is not without problems).Both Honda and VW are known for producing energy-efficient vehicles, so producing them with renewable energy certainly fits the marketing. Globally, Honda has established voluntary goals to reduce energy use and waste from manufacturing operations by 2020. This includes a 30-percent reduction in CO2 emissions from Honda products (compared to 2000 levels), plus other significant CO2 reductions from its… Read full this story
- Car Insurance 2020: 5 Smart Tips For Saving Car Insurance Money
- Asian woman receives racist note on car after parking on footpath
- No show: Car makers fall victim to Geneva motor show virus cancellation
- Parent shamed for 'disgusting' car that took professionals seven hours to clean
- How to catch 'wind turbine syndrome' by hearing about it
- 5 tricks to make the internet less distracting, so you can get stuff done
- Lifeboats and Lifelines: Two Musicals Make the Case for Not Giving Up
- This week’s Geneva Motor Show has been cancelled over coronavirus — so we take a look at 15 cars that were due to launch
- Onshore wind 'to make comeback in UK'
- Fallen power pole in Christchurch street narrowly misses car, cuts power
- The secrets of boxing's knockout kings: what makes a perfect power puncher
- AT&T is making an Android-powered streaming box
Honda installing wind turbines to make cars with wind power at Ohio factory have 344 words, post on www.autoblog.com at February 11, 2013. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.