“” The U.S. government does offer some loans and grants for home improvements. kate_sept2004/Getty Images In contrast to a loan, a grant is money that you’re given for a specific purpose that you don’t have to pay back. The United States government has grants available for all kinds of home improvements. To qualify for one of these grants, you have to show what home improvements are necessary and that you can’t afford to pay for the home improvements. Some are only for people over 62 (for instance the Section 504 home repair program.) If you’re approved, you’ll receive the money and will be able to start renovating your home. Here are some tips on how to apply for a grant [source: Government Grants, Yale]. Locate and contact your local government office. Government representatives there will be able to advise you about eligibility requirements and other necessary criteria for applying for a grant.Speak to a government representative in your area and demonstrate that you can’t afford the work necessary to repair your house. Be prepared to show a bona fide estimate for the work you’d like to have done. It’s important to properly document the proposed costs before proceeding. The local… Read full this story
- Louisiana seeks more time to implement new criminal background checks for child care workers
- 'There are no human rights here': Inside the Government's 'exploitative' backpacker visa scheme
- SERAP wins round one in battle to compel Okowa, UBEC to account for education funds
- NSW Budget 2020 Winners and Losers
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 18
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 20 (updated hourly)
- UA Picks a President: Let the students do the talking
- Wall Street closes lower as surging COVID-19 cases offset vaccine hopes
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 21 (updated hourly)
- Alarming red wave map shows how widespread COVID-19 is across US as daily cases surge to record 180k and death toll spikes to 2,000 for the first time since May
- States Spending the Most and Least Per Student on Education
- Does President Trump have a legal path to reelection?
How to Apply for Federal Home Improvement Grants have 348 words, post on money.howstuffworks.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.