Meat is not for everyone. If you didn’t grow up in a meat-eating household, or if you’re a former vegetarian, cooking it can seem a little daunting. It is, however, not that hard to cook, but there are some common concerns people have when they first embark down the path of cooking animals. Concern #1: It’s Icky Spreading germs all over your kitchen and life is a big concern when preparing and handling raw meat, especially if you’re dealing with chicken and pork. Step one of handling this concern is accepting that you are going to be exposed to germs, feeling your feelings about it, and then taking comfort in the fact that soap and water exists. If you are concerned about cross-contamination, a raw-meat-only dedicated cutting board can help, just make sure to get a wooden one (which is naturally anti-microbial), rather than a plastic one (which are impossible to disinfect unless you have a dishwasher). A mise en place is also indispensable when it comes to keeping your work area clean. Having all of your seasonings measured, vegetables chopped, and other ingredients all set and ready to go means you won’t have to keep turning the sink on… Read full this story
- 'That's how we do it in the bush': Man proves Australian spirit is still alive by cooking a lamb roast in bushfire ashes
- Coronavirus: New disease spreading in Asia revives SARS fears
- New China virus: Drug makers soar on contagion fears
- Fears Coronavirus could spread to UK with Heathrow screening area for China passengers
- Mysterious E. coli outbreak has sickened 72 people in five states, CDC warns
- New China virus: Warning against cover-up as number of cases jumps
- What is coronavirus?
- The deadly new coronavirus has reached the US. Here's how to protect yourself
- New China virus: US announces first case
- "Zooicide: Seeing Cruelty, Demanding Abolition"
- McDonald's customer horrified as he bites into 'completely raw' Big Tasty burger
- Boris Johnson slams Extinction Rebellion's 'nose-ringed crusties in hemp-smelling bivouacs' amid fury at police for failing to stop eco-mob shutting down swathes of London despite 321 arrests
How to Get Over Your Fear of Cooking Meat have 355 words, post on skillet.lifehacker.com at August 30, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.