Michael Kretschmer, prime minister of Saxony, speaks via videoconference with Hubertus Heil, the federal minister of labour and social affairs, in Germany. Robert Michael/picture alliance via Getty Images Advertisement The pandemic is forcing millions of shelter-in-place workers and students to use a wide variety of videoconferencing tools for meetings and classes. This abrupt shift has caused innumerable faux pas, outright hilarity, and when it comes to technical problems, hair-pulling exasperation. Due to audio and video problems – some self-inflicted, others due to the tools themselves – these online meetups often lack productivity. No matter which conferencing software you use, there are some steps you can take to ensure better video and audio, particularly when you’re calling in from home. 1. Pick the Best Sonic Location for Your Call With spouses, kids, roommates and pets often also around, distracting noises and sounds are a given. The first step is to find a quiet spot away from the chaos. But it doesn’t have to be an empty room. Rhett McClure, a professional videographer and technology consultant, in Lincoln, Nebraska, says that audio can be tricky depending on the location. “Audio behaves a lot like light. If you can conduct your remote conference… Read full this story
- Russia’s Economic Growth Looks Too Good to Be True
- Selena Gomez looks in good spirits surrounded by friends in new snaps
- Saudi crown prince looks for 'good things' from India trip
- Questor: Vodafone’s 9pc yield looks too good to be true, so give the shares a wide berth
- ‘Lower property tax’ might sound good, but ‘local services that work’ need to be paid for
- George Ford: 'Manu Tuilagi looks as good as I've seen him for a long while... I have never seen anyone as explosive'
- LOOKING BACK: Good exam news for Gleed
- If a tax dodge looks too good to be true, it probably is
- Furious Charlotte Hawkins flicks Piers Morgan rude V sign after he winds her up in unseen Good Morning Britain clip
- Piers Morgan admits he was ‘livid’ This Morning beat Good Morning Britain at the NTAs before mocking Ant McPartlin’s shock win
- Piers Morgan reveals he is taking the next two weeks off Good Mornin Britain for US road trip
- Hot Skoda Kodiaq vRS is an SUV that sounds as good as it looks
How to Look and Sound Good on Your Videoconference Call have 388 words, post on electronics.howstuffworks.com at April 20, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.