Have you ever been in a situation where you are on the go – staying at a hotel or just camping outdoors – and have either your tablet or laptop with you, but no Wi-Fi in sight? It’s frustrating to not be able to do all those things you do on the web. Hey, we are not even speaking about checking out cat videos!
If you have your iPhone with you, there is an easy way to get another device connected.
Follow the steps below to get personal hotspot working!
Keep in mind that you need an active data plan on your phone for this to work and you need to make sure that your carrier supports mobile hotspot and this service is included in your plan. Do not forget that the Wi-Fi mobile hotspot that you create uses your phone data plan and can easily gobble up through your data allowance in no time. This is a recipe for cell phone bill disaster if not controlled, so make sure to use this with proper caution. With this in mind, here is…
How to set-up your iPhone as a mobile hotspot
1. First, go into Settings
All journeys start with a first step!
2. Go into ‘Cellular > Cellular Data Network’
First, open the Cellular tab and then select the Cellular Date Network section. This is where you actually set up the personal hotspot.
3. Scroll down to the Personal Hotspot area
Just enter any Username (you can add an APN and password later on), and go back
4. Go back one step to the Cellular section
Here, you will see a newly-appeared ‘Personal Hotspot’ tab. Select it!
5. Switch the Personal Hotspot toggle on!
And you’re done! Your phone is now active as a hotspot and other devices can connect to the newly created Wi-Fi network. Keep in mind that there is an auto-generated password right below.
6. You can change the password to something simpler
Just type on the password field and update the password to something simpler, but keep in mind that simpler passwords are easier to hack.
7. You did it!
Enjoy using your iPhone as a personal hotspot!
- How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iOS device
- No cell signal, no Wi-Fi, no problem. Growing up inside America’s ‘quiet zone’
- T-Mobile, Verizon and other U.S. providers offer free Wi-Fi for 60 days
- US providers offer free Wi-Fi for 60 days
- New Aruba technologies let enterprises use wi-fi to extend 5G service indoors
- Coronavirus | U.S. providers offer free Wi-Fi for 60 days
- Your home Wi-Fi network is going to be exposed by telecommuting, work at home
- Communication operators expand free Wi-Fi coverage for students in remote areas in Inner Mongolia
- The First of the MTA’s Wi-Fi-Equipped Buses Are Here
- How to stay safe at a public Wi-Fi hotspot
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone XS: Should you upgrade?
- How to use the Find My app on your iPhone
How to set up your iPhone as a personal Wi-Fi mobile hotspot have 539 words, post on www.phonearena.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.