Instagram has three account types: Personal, Creator, and Business. Personal accounts work for most people, while the two Professional account options are ideal for those who have a business and plan to run ads, promote posts, sell products, and gather analytics. Here's how to switch between them.
Do I Need a Personal, Creator, or Business Account?
Most people just need a Personal account. It's the only account type that you can turn private so that you can control who follows you and who sees your posts. However, if you use Instagram professionally, then a Creator or Business account might be more useful.
Choose a Creator account if you are an influencer, YouTuber, or individual maker. Go with a Business account if you are setting up an account for your actual business, like a restaurant or beauty salon. There's very little difference between these two accounts, except that Creator accounts can hide their contact details and business types to look more like a regular Personal account.
Professional Account Requirements
Instagram's requirements for Professional accounts are pretty loose: Anyone can sign up for one and list themselves as a business. However, if you want to run ads or create posts with direct links to your products, you'll need to have a Facebook Page .
Also, you can only manage five Instagram accounts at once , so if you set up too many Professional accounts, you'll need to log out of some of them.
How to Switch Accounts
To change account types, open Instagram and go to your Profile page. Tap the three little lines in the top-right corner to access the menu.
Go to Settings > Account.
Tap "Switch to Professional Account" and follow the setup process.
You'll have the opportunity to select your business category, connect a Facebook Page (if you haven't already), add your location and contact details, and choose whether you want a Creator or Business account.
If at any point you want to switch your account type again, go to Settings > Account and tap "Switch account type." Then select either "Switch to Personal Account" or "Switch to Business Account."
- Instagram tries to quell fears about its new feed as influencers freak out
- Instagram has a new way to keep you from seeing offensive comments
- Facebook profit jumps as user base nears 2 billion
- An ex-Bachelor contestant describes how reality TV almost destroyed his career
- 13 signs you’re better at adulthood than you think
- I followed Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule for a week, and the most rewarding part was also the most difficult
- 20 apps millennials like way more than other age groups do
- The most innovative CMOs in the world — The Storytellers
- Here’s how to use Houseparty, the live video app that teens are going crazy for
- Las Vegas latest: Officials update number of firearms found
How to Switch to an Instagram Business Account have 539 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.