DuckDuckGo is a privacy-focused search engine that's been online since 2008. Find websites, maps, videos, news, and more—without tracking your searches and serving you targetted ads. Here's how to make the switch from Google, Bing, or any other search engine. Most Browsers Already Include DuckDuckGo as a Search Option DuckDuckGo has been gaining ground for over a decade, finally breaking through to the "mainstream" in September of 2014 when Apple offered it as a default search engine option in Safari for iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. Later, in November of the same year, Mozilla added it to Firefox 33.1. RELATED: What Is DuckDuckGo? Meet the Google Alternative for Privacy Since then, almost every major browser has recognized DuckDuckGo by making it an optional default search engine. This includes Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Opera. Google Chrome Launch Chrome, click on the "three dots" menu icon in the top-right corner of the window, and click "Settings." Choose "Search engine" in the list on the left of the screen. Click on the drop-down box next to "Search engine used in the address bar" and choose DuckDuckGo. Mozilla Firefox Launch Firefox, click on the "three lines" hamburger menu icon in the top-right corner… Read full this story
- Are Anti-Glare Search Engines Really To Glare On?
- Can you Please Them All? Universal Search Engine Ranking Algorithms
- Search Engine Spiders Lost Without Guidance - Post This Sign!
- Need A New Job? Try Search Engine Optimization
- Increase Search Engine Ranking at No Cost
- Complete Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization Tips and Tricks
- Search Engine Woes and the Dramatic Dance (Part 1 & 2)
- The Classified Ad Search Engine As A Lifeboat in Expansive Waters
- The Difference Between Search Engines and Web Directories
- Duplicate Content - Evolution Of The Search Engines
- Search Engine Optimization - The One True Way
How to Switch to DuckDuckGo, a Private Search Engine have 307 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.