DuckDuckGo is a search engine that respects your privacy by not selling your search history or tracking you across the web. It also has a few nifty features, including bangs, which let you search other websites right from DuckDuckGo. Here's how. What Is a Bang? A bang, or !bang, as it is commonly known, is a term you can include with your DuckDuckGo search to limit your results to a particular website or service. The name comes from an old UNIX term for an exclamation point, which is used to invoke the feature in searches. For example, if you are searching the web with DuckDuckGo and you want to limit your results to How-To Geek, you can include "!howtogeek" with your search term. Searching for "windows 10 !howtogeek" will perform a search for "windows 10" using How-To Geek's own search engine. There are bangs for all sorts of websites, from mainstream search engines like Google (!g) to personal accounts like Gmail (!gmail). You can crunch sums or level questions at Wolfram Alpha (!wa) or search for an iPhone app on the App Store (!appstore). There's a Wikipedia bang, too (!w). Finding Useful Bangs There are currently over 13,500 bangs that… Read full this story
- Job Search Websites - How to Use Job Search Sites Successfully
- People Search Websites Made Easy
- Why Use a Reverse Phone Search Website?
- Using Music on a Website and Your Taste
- How to Develop and Use Keywords For Search Engine Optimization Success
- Keyword Popularity Research - How to Use the Google Search Box to Identify Your Competition
- 3 Great Reasons to Use RSS on Your Website
- Going Online to Use People Search Websites
- Find People Easily Through People Search Websites
- Been Retrenched? Use These Job Search Tips to Get an Even Better Job!
- Using Online People Searches Effectively
- Essentials of SEO - Use Keywords in Your Website's Title
How to Use Bangs in DuckDuckGo (to Search Other Websites) have 312 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at February 13, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.