Dave was in search of a string quartet in Prague; the local person he approached rolled her eyes when he asked her if she could help. “I really wanted to see one, and Veronika thought it was a line,” he says. She laughs. “Come on. What could be more of a cliche than: ‘I’m in Prague and there must be a string quartet on every corner’? This is the worst pickup line I’ve ever heard in my life.” Dave, indignant but smiling, protests: “It wasn’t a pickup line!” He had left his job in the UK as an English teacher and was doing a Tesol language-teaching course in Prague in July 2016. There was a bar close to his flat, to which he went regularly. It wasn’t somewhere Veronika usually visited, but she was passing and hungry, and went in for something to eat. She sat behind Dave, who was eating pasta, which he says was almost inedible. “I looked at her food and asked if it was OK. She wasn’t very responsive,” he says. “I was just like: ‘Let me be,’” she says. “I was just polite. He was another tourist in a bar who wanted to talk to… Read full this story
- A Hungover Kurt Russell Wooed Goldie Hawn With a Pickup Line That Should Definitely Not Work on Anyone
- A neural network generated pickup lines that are better than half the stuff on Tinder
- Kelly Clarkson Jokes That She Prays for Expectant Women: Pregnancy Was 'The Worst Moments of My Life'
- Girl kicks football into a dustbin after creating an elaborate chain reaction using a clothes line, garden chairs and even a car's windscreen wipers
- Joy will come again: lessons from a life turned upside down
- 'Self-isolation is bringing out the worst in some. How do we avoid conflict?'
- How we met: 'Kärri suggested getting married. I just thought: yes! Let’s do it'
- Woman creates stunning living room feature wall using nothing but a Sharpie pen
- My life in sex: ‘My wife wants a desire-free old age. But I still see her as my sexual partner’
- Murderer unmasked after missing woman's credit cards used to buy meat cleaver
- Homeless man dedicates life to rescuing dogs slated for slaughter
- Saigon entrepreneurs uses closed kitchens to open 'tactical' charity eatery
How we met: ‘He used the worst pickup line I had ever heard in my life’ have 390 words, post on www.theguardian.com at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.