Radio Sputnik discussed the chances Theresa May stands in her attempt to prevent Tory rebels from voting down her proposals with Dr. Ben Williams, a tutor in politics and political theory at the University of Salford. Sputnik: What chance does Theresa May stand in her attempt to prevent Tory rebels from voting down her proposals? Ben Williams: I think this suggestion that might move things quicker is an attempt to try and call her opponents bluff, catch them a bit unawares, and get it to the Parliament before they can react. But there is a significant number of concerned MPs who are unhappy with the current proposal, the so-called Chequers agreement, and they will certainly be poised to vote against unless she makes some alterations to it. READ MORE: UK PM May Plans to Get Dozens of Labour MPs to Back Her Brexit Plan — Reports Sputnik: Two years on issues pertaining to Brexit are far from being solved and we’re looking at two weeks that are going to be pretty hectic — there’s this two-week deadline; what are the chances of any breakthroughs happening within this timeline? Ben Williams: The EU and the UK governments are both indicating that they want to strike a deal, but the problem is now that the time is appearing to run out. It’s a very difficult question to say whether there will be a breakthrough. A number of summits… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- Brexit deal within reach in last-ditch talks, but doubts remain
- Global stocks jump on report Brexit deal may be close, oil slips
- Brexit has a new phrase - difficult but possible
- Mobile Phone Deals - Tough Nuts to Crack But Possible to Be Cracked
- The Latest: Scottish party won't accept Brexit plans
- Brexit MAP: Which countries could BLOCK Brexit? Who is attending EU summit 2019?
- India and the Nuclear Deal
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Nintendo 2DS XL, Under Armour, Drill Brush, and More
- The 3 Secrets to Finding Health Insurance Deals
If Brexit Deal Rejected, May's Resignation, 2nd Referendum Possible – Analyst have 379 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 10, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.