Called the ITeS 360 solution, the business unit helps IT companies in selling the entire stack of Microsoft offerings — ranging from artificial intelligence solutions to business applications — over the cloud to their customers who may be spread across the globe.
The business unit leader housed inside an IT company will ensure that the local Microsoft office in that particular location helps rolling out the solution, Microsoft India president Anant Maheshwari told ET in an interview. This is a major overhaul in terms of strategy, under which the local Microsoft official would only be concerned with sales at the India operations.
Maheshwari said this was part of the “One Microsoft” strategy, which was a brainchild of chief executive Satya Nadella. The Microsoft CEO is expected to visit India later this month, the US-based company said.
Maheshwari said Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing service is really on a high growth clip in India, and nearly “doubled” in 2019. The company is now moving forward to deploying new business models in India and one of these is IteS 360.
“(The Indian) IT (industry) is today roughly a $180 billion industry. There is a significant value that they can provide in driving cloud solutions as part of this $180 billion. That’s what they’re doing when they go and drive digital transformation in different parts of the world,” he said. “They need cloud solutions and Microsoft is able to provide them with not just cloud solutions, but also with very significant value adds like data, artificial intelligence, modern workplace solutions like business applications, etc.”
Maheshwari said there was no real scale that existed in the companies earlier, “but they have now understood the power of the go-to-market that we provide around the world”. For instance, one of the largest IT companies in India could be in 10 different geographies and wants to call on 15 different customers. In every one of those geographies, a local Microsoft person works with them to go and address the business problem together, he said.
- Amazon's cloud unit expands in China, with new partner in Ningxia
- Google just made a brilliant acqui-hire to get the queen of Silicon Valley, Diane Greene, to run its cloud unit
- Microsoft buys cloud computing security startup
- Microsoft is beating Amazon and Google to cloud computing in India
- Microsoft’s new sales chief talks about working with Boeing, competing with Amazon, and…butter
- Meg Whitman’s big new Microsoft cloud partnership is a lot like the one Microsoft already signed with Dell
- Microsoft’s missed quarter is a sign that the company isn’t out of the woods yet
- How Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella did what Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates couldn’t
- The rise of Satya Nadella, the game-changing CEO of Microsoft
- Microsoft reports a big beat on earnings, stock spikes up almost 4%
- Satya Nadella’s master plan for Microsoft is starting to work
- Microsoft’s big earnings beat is because of one business that is exploding
India on its mind, Microsoft to house a cloud unit within big IT cos have 534 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.