Fitness influencer Revie Jane Schulz has opened about motherhood after she stopped breastfeeding her baby daughter.
The mother-of-one, from the Gold Coast in Queensland, said little Lex has started self-weaning from the age of 10 months old about two weeks ago.
The personal trainer said she decided to feed her daughter formula milk after noticing a change in her sucking pattern during a breastfeed.
Revie Jane Schulz opens about motherhood after she stopped breastfeeding her baby Lex
The mother said she has been filled with mixed emotions since her baby started self-weaning
‘I had a sense she was looking for more post feed,’ Ms Sculz wrote in an emotional post on Instagram.
‘It was like she [Lex] was getting frustrated on there, then she would pull off and look around. I swallowed my pride and prepared some formula for her and she literally skulled it like she was at Oktoberfest in Germany.
‘I was gobsmacked and my ego was a little bruised.’
The fit mother said she has been filled with mixed emotions since her daughter started her self weaning journey.
‘How do I feel about that? I actually haven’t had a moment to process this, as you probably know, I’ve been so flat out,’ Ms Schulz said.
‘It’s as if I’ve wanted to cry but there hasn’t been an ideal opportunity where work hasn’t demanded me to be at my 100 per cent.’
The personal trainer said she noticed a change in her girl’s sucking pattern during a breastfeed
Last year, Ms Schulz shared this comparison photo five months after giving birth to Lex
Ms Schulz said she had tried to give her daughter both options of breastfeeding and drinking from a bottle, during which she favoured the formula milk.
‘So at night, to make sure she was all topped up, I would offer her boob first then bottle – this was at about 11 months old,’ she said.
‘But it quickly progressed, as my milk supply dropped. Being such a guts she became impatient and wanted bottle before boob.
‘Before long, she was having a full bottle and just boob mainly for comfort afterwards. Over Easter weekend, she was exhausted, had bottle and passed out with no boob.’
Sharing her motherhood journey to more than 145,000 followers on her social media page, Ms Schulz said she broke down as she was writing her post.
‘Originally, I was so scared she’d never want to stop and that the process would be hard on her, but I’m really glad that the process was much harder on me,’ she wrote.
‘Okay, NOW I’m crying about it.’
She shared her motherhood journey to more than 145,000 followers on her social media page
The young mother said she was struggling to cope with the reality that her baby daughter will no longer be breastfed but she was ‘grateful’ for the bond they shared
The fitness trainer said she has been feeling emotional after her daughter started self-weaning
The young mother said she was struggling to cope with the reality that her baby daughter will no longer be breastfed but she was ‘grateful’ for the bond they shared.
‘I loved breastfeeding and the connection Lex and I shared during those everyday moment,’ Ms Schulz said.
‘The way she would grunt/snort her way to the boob like an absolute piglet as a newborn and then the days where she learnt to reach for my face and hold my chin.
‘The way she would pass out every night completely milk drunk and content with a little smirk on her face.
‘I remember the moment she was not even 30 minutes old and she found my boob and was straight on. It was magic.
‘I’m grateful I have those memories to cherish for the rest of my life.’
- Jaw-dropping footage shows baby girl climbing out of mum’s womb
- Joanna Krupa is 'doing great' after giving birth to a baby girl with husband Douglas Nunes by her side
- Jennifer Hawkins welcomes baby girl
- Helen Skelton wows with post-baby body
- Irina Shayk shows off incredible post-baby body in sheer dress at Cannes
- Natalie Cassidy welcomes a baby girl
- Kate Hudson flaunts post-baby body as she is joined by Danny Fujikawa at Michael Kors event honoring her
- GOOD NEWS! Esha Deol & Bharat Takhtani Welcome Their Second Child- A BABY GIRL
- Daphne Oz puts her post-baby body on display as she gets back into her fitness routine following birth of fourth child: 'Everyone starts somewhere!'
- Man, 22, is arrested on suspicion of murder after 10-month-old baby girl is found dead
- Nadine Coyle welcomes a baby girl
- Anas Rashid Shares His Baby Girl’s Picture; Says Aayat Has Brought A Lot Of Happiness In His Life!