Business Amazon Jeff Bezos Amazon workers across Europe have gone on strike over pay and conditions, just as CEO Jeff Bezos was named the richest person in modern history. Warehouse workers in Germany, Spain and Poland are protesting against workplace health hazards, as well as being forced to work more hours without getting bonuses. Over 1,800 workers in Spain walked out on Monday in an action that will continue until Wednesday. Thousands of workers from warehouses in Germany will down tools on Tuesday, while workers in Poland will work to rule. The industrial action coincides with Prime Day, which offers special deals to Amazon customers over 36 hours. It also comes as Bezos’ worth was listed as $152 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Recommended Slideshows 71 Top 70 Working Cities for High Pay and Low Hours 76 50 Highest Paying Jobs in the United States 75 In Pictures: The 40 Wealthiest Billionaires in the World Jeff Bezos, Chairman and CEO of Amazon, speaks at the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s Forum on Leadership in Dallas, Texas, U.S., April 20, 2018. He has become the world’s richest man in modern history. REUTERS/Rex Curry This is more than the inflation-adjusted… Read full this story
- In a Genius Move, Jeff Bezos Asks Competitors to Surpass Amazon’s Minimum Wage
- ‘Do it!’: Jeff Bezos challenges rivals to match Amazon’s $15-per-hour minimum wage
- Jeff Bezos divorce is now final, Amazon founder announces on Twitter
- De Blasio implies Jeff Bezos affair played role in Amazon deal's collapse
- Amazon workers strike again with three-hour walk-out in Shakopee
- Jeff Bezos explains how creating the Echo was a huge risk for Amazon that was worth taking
- Lauren Sanchez reportedly cuts ties with brother, but what about Jeff Bezos?
- Bernie Sanders says it's a 'disgrace' that Amazon and Netflix pay nothing under Trump's tax bill
- Jeff Bezos launches probe: Did Trump allies leak his Lauren Sanchez love texts to National Enquirer?
- Amazon employees push for Jeff Bezos to take stance on climate change
- Federal Authorities Probe AMI For Handling Of Jeff Bezos Story: Reports
- Who gets what when the richest man in the world divorces: Jeff Bezos’ divorce terms announced
Jeff Bezos Named Richest Man in History As Amazon Workers Strike Over Pay and Conditions have 360 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 17, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.