Pray for me/I’m about to hit the ‘Ye button—Kanye West, “Champions” Is there a such thing as bad press? This month, Kanye West – undeniably one of the most famous, successful, critic-proof hip-hop artists in history – went on what can best be described as a “negative press tour.” His baffling series of public provocations were, at best, a Gabbo-style alienation of his massive fan base. They were, at worst, a dangerous amplification and normalization of men’s rights activism and MAGA racism/sexism/xenophobia. His TMZ outburst reduced two centuries of American slavery to “fake news.” It’s not really worth engaging in the endless fan fiction of debating whether this is performance art, a mental health breakdown, or just the gears of fame and social media grinding up another one of their loudest lights. But one thing is clear: Twitter has been an absolute Chernobyl toilet for a week. (Much thanks to Childish Gambino for wrangling everyone’s attention, at least for a little while.) Related Kanye West Previews New Song ‘Lift Yourself’ Watch T.I. Talk Confronting Kanye West: ‘We Cannot Afford to Lose [Him]’ Related Emmys 2019: 10 Biggest Snubs The Beatles’ ‘Abbey Road’: 5 Great Country, Americana Covers The media –… Read full this story
- Revisiting that infamous 2009 Taylor Swift and Kanye West VMAs incident 10 years later
- Kanye West Raps About Kim Kardashian West Leaving Him, Bipolar Disorder in 7-Track Album
- Kim Kardashian bundles up in oversized coat and leather pants as she and Kanye West kiss courtside at NBA All-Star Game in Chicago
- Kanye West Is Struggling Leading Up to Anniversary of His Mother Donda's Death: Source
- Kim Kardashian West Jets Back to L.A. After Kanye West's Hospitalization as She Skips N.Y.C. Ball
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Sit Courtside — and Share Jumbotron Kiss — at 2020 NBA All-Star Game
- From Paris to Breakdown: A Timeline of Kanye West's Life Leading Up to His Hospitalization
- Kanye West Jokes That He's Been Married for '500 Years' While Doing Carpool Karaoke on Plane
- Kanye West Calls Slavery a 'Choice' in Explosive New Interview, Then Apologizes on TMZ
- Kanye West's A.P.C. Collection Sells Out Immediately
- Kanye West Reveals He Was Diagnosed with a 'Mental Condition' at Age 39: 'It's a Superpower'
- Kanye West Opens Up About Bipolar Disorder and Shares He Had First 'Complete Blackout' at Age 5
Kanye West’s ‘Lift Yourself’ Isn’t as Bad as You Think have 390 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.