Man remanded over suspected terror attack outside Houses of Parliament BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A terror suspect accused of attempting to murder members of the public and police officers in an attack outside the Houses of Parliament has appeared in court. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/man-remanded-over-suspected-terror-attack-outside-houses-of-parliament-37232643.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37232641.ece/0cee7/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_89b070db-1655-4fe6-8b45-bd744581d73c_1 Email A terror suspect accused of attempting to murder members of the public and police officers in an attack outside the Houses of Parliament has appeared in court. Salih Khater, 29, allegedly drove his silver Ford Fiesta into cyclists and pedestrians before swerving towards police officers and crashing into a security barrier. The Sudanese-born suspect, who is a British citizen, was arrested by armed police outside the Palace of Westminster last Tuesday. Three people were treated for non-life threatening injuries after the crash. Khater, of Highgate Street, Birmingham, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with two counts of attempted murder. The charges state that he attempted to murder people at the junction of Parliament Square and Abingdon Street and police officers in Abingdon Street on August 14. Police said prosecutors will be treating his case as terrorism due to the method of the alleged attack, the targets selected and the high-profile location. Khater appeared in the dock wearing… Read full this story
- Sudanese Immigrant Deemed to Be Behind Suspected Terror Attack in UK - Reports
- Susanna Reid tells of frantic dash TOWARD scene of horrific Streatham terror attack after seeing a helicopter fly over her home and social media posts of armed police outside her local Lidl
- London terror attack: Man shot dead by cops after stabbing two
- Streatham terror attacker Sudesh Amman and London Bridge killer Usman Khan had links to the same ‘Sheikh of hate’ who was booted out of Britain for inciting terror at his south London mosque
- Australian man stabbed in Maldives terror attack
- Three tourists stabbed by 'ISIS-affiliated extremists' in Maldives 'terror attack'
- Streatham terror attack: Authorities 'warned not to free suspect Sudesh Amman'
- Terror Attack at London Bridge Leaves 2 Dead, 3 Injured, Suspect Killed By Police
- Streatham terror attack: Police raid homes after knifeman stabs two in broad daylight
- Streatham terror attack: Ambulance service hits back at '30-minute delay' claims
- London terror attack: Woman slammed for casual response
- Fears grow as 'vulnerable' man who saw Streatham attack has been missing ever since
Man remanded over suspected terror attack outside Houses of Parliament have 410 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.