Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin 5 September 2019 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-49598527 Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Related TopicsClimate change There is “strong support” on the Isle of Man for onshore wind energy generation, a consultation has found.Some 80% of respondents said they would back wind turbines, with 76% in favour even if they were “visible from their home”.A survey asking for views on ways to “mitigate” climate change attracted more than 1,000 responses.The BBC has asked the Isle of Man Climate Change Coalition (IOMCCC) for a response.In July, a climate transformation team was set up to outline proposals… Read full this story
- Ministers accused of reintroducing consumer subsidies for onshore wind turbines 'by the back door'
- Onshore wind: 'planning should reflect benefits of good-value power source'
- Europe’s free land could house enough wind turbines to power the world
- Taller wind turbines planned off Ocean City
- Hyper-efficient gas engines, next-gen wind turbines, and more early-stage wonders
- SSE boss calls for more government backing of wind power
- Work begins on wind power plant in Bac Lieu province
- Hawaii protests show why wind energy can't save us from climate change
- GE to beef up offshore wind power efforts
- How Solar and Wind Got So Cheap, So Fast
- Ed Davey attacks coalition partners over pledge to end wind subsidies
- Reality Check: Does Wind Energy Kill Birds And Cause Cancer?
Manx public 'backs onshore wind turbines' have 333 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.