Your life is a product of what you think; it’s not so much about what happens to you or what’s going on around you, but how you react. John Bear aims to raise our awareness on the basic principles that govern our lives. He covers many areas that affect the quality of our lives and discusses how becoming more aware of these, gives us the opportunity to make more informed, and therefore better, choices. Without this basic understanding and awareness the reason for many of the choices we make, and subsequently, the results of those choices cannot be understood.
What is it that governs our decisions? Why do we have to have the latest gadgets bought on credit? Buy designer clothes we can’t really afford knowing they are overpriced? What are the thoughts and impulses that drive us to succeed or not? Are we driven by fear and if so, fear of what? How do our choices impact the world around us?
The subjects raised may challenge your beliefs and if you decide to read this book require an open mind willing to give consideration to the thoughts put forth.
When we rely on sources outside of ourselves for our well-being we give away our own personal power. Governments, the media and institutions rely on this for their own gain above ours. Once they have won us over with promises and policies, it remains in their interest to only give information that benefits them and strengthens their position. Expanding your knowledge base and awareness through self education, exploring private investing and always questioning the information you are given is essential if you are to stand up and accept responsibility for your own life.
To sit back and complain about the state of your life, the economy or world has no effect except to leave you more exposed to the events that will happen. Remember it’s not about what happens to you, but how you respond that determines the outcome, at the time and in the future. John Bear looks deeply into how the governing bodies of politics, religions and the media use their power to manipulate our thinking, so that they will profit and be secure in their positions, whilst we flounder with no choice but to reach out to them for help.
‘Mastering our Minds’ Manipulators’ is an eye opening exploration into who we are, and what responsibilities we carry by being here. It encourages self education and awareness that allows you to make decisions in your life based on reaching out for the truth. You don’t have to accept everything you’re told, or believe that only one way is right. You will empower yourself by deciding you are no longer a victim of circumstance, ‘For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.’ Prov.23.7.
- ‘Beautiful Mind’ mathematician John Nash killed in US car crash
- ARTIST AT WORK: Modern Alchemy
- 19 things keeping you from getting rich, according to a journalist who spent his career studying millionaires
- Trump just did a backflip on 2 major campaign promises
- Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar lead with the most 2018 Grammy nominations — here’s the complete list of nominees
- The new year looks ominous—for East Asia and the world
- Song from Prince’s father being released on his 101st b’day
- 13 steps anyone can take to get rich, according to a journalist who spent his career studying millionaires
- 8 lifestyle changes to make if you want to earn more money
- 21 lifestyle changes to make if you want to save more money
- The best vacation spots in the entire ‘Star Wars’ universe
- 5 countries where it’s relatively easy for Americans to become expats