“…and I actually think that some day we’ll see a five second quarter mile at over 300mph.” Those are the last words spoken by Mickey Thompson in this amazing video which we have seen snippets of before but never as a whole piece with proper sound and narration. The 1969 film was called “Ford Flat Out” and this is the drag racing portion of the program which stars Mickey Thompson and Danny Ongais while racing at the AHRA Spring Nationals in Bristol, Tennessee. Eagle-eyed viewers will note that there’s footage from a few different tracks spiced in here but the heart of the matter is settled at Bristol. The NHRA tour swings into Bristol this weekend and that always means one thing, craziness. Between the track’s breathtaking location and look, the very tough nature of the racing surface itself, and the elevation that racers fight with, the place can really be a house of horrors if a team loses the handle on their tuneup or makes mistakes. This will also be the third race of a four-in-a-row that has tested teams hard for the first time this season. The final stop will be Norwalk, Ohio the following weekend. This video… Read full this story
- This Palm Springs Home Hasn't Been Redecorated Since 1969 and It Looks Like Actual Heaven
- For $2,000, You Could Go Two-Wheeling On This 1969 Rokon Trail Breaker
- Tessa Thompson Will Play Jewel Thief Doris Payne
- Danny Glover and the Factory Workers of Canton, Mississippi, Prepare to Confront History
- Emma Thompson Has Been Sprayed With Horse Shit
- At $3,500, Would You Old School Rule In This Wild 1969 Ford Cortina Wagon Project?
- At $1,800, Could This 1969 Triumph TR6 Project Be The Perfect Cure For Cabin Fever This Winter?
- For $12,500, Could This 1969 Jeep Commando Put You In Command?
- Danny Boyle will direct the 25th James Bond film
- WIN! Rogue Warrior and Xbox 360 Elite console
- After Getting Kicked Off His Team, Counter-Strike Pro Returns To Help Them Win
- Scott Thompson lands on his e-commerce feet; Now CEO of ShopRunner
Mickey Thompson and Danny Ongais Win The 1969 AHRA Spring have 340 words, post on bangshift.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.