Ask me to fix a broken car or motorbike, and you’d be out of luck.But that’s exactly what Microsoft wanted me to do. And the tool it gave me was its new mixed reality HoloLens 2 headset.After I slipped it on, a set of digital instructions popped up over an actual broken ATV, set up in a mock repair shop at Microsoft’s headquarters. There were buckets of bolts to my right side and tools to my left. Then a set of neon-blue cartoonish arrows appeared, pointing at which gears I needed to move and where to move them to start the repair.Next, I was told to get parts from bins around the room. The blue arrow directed me to the bin with the bolt I needed, then the washer to go with it, and then to a table with the right wrench. Now playing: Watch this: Microsoft HoloLens 2: A first dive into the future of… 4:54 Which size bolt? What type of wrench? I didn’t need to worry about that, because the HoloLens 2 guided me every step of the way. After about eight minutes, I went from cluelessly looking at a broken ATV to marveling at my first… Read full this story
- Female Microsoft Employees Are Protesting the Tech Giant’s Treatment of Women
- 'Privacy is a human right', says Microsoft boss in warning to tech companies
- Daily Podcast: How Black Panther Changes The Future of the MCU, It: Chapter Two, The Push – /Film
- AOC Slams Google, Facebook, and Microsoft for Sponsoring Conference Promoting Climate Denial
- Employees, GitHub Coders Pressure Microsoft to End Their Contract with ICE
- I Touched the xCloud: An Incredibly Early Look at Microsoft's Vision for the Future of Games
- The Biggest Threat to NASA's Future Is the Ocean
- Apple warns not to keep its credit card by leather. Or denim. Or loose change.
- Future El Niños Could Spell Trouble For the West Antarctic Ice Sheet
- Fantastic Beasts 2 Comic-Con Poster Threatens to Change Everyone's Future
- Trump Just Met With Al Gore to Discuss Climate Change
- Trump Just Denied Denying Climate Change
Microsoft's HoloLens 2 isn't meant for you, but it could change your tech in the future have 352 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.