Looks like the arrival of Microsoft’s first Xbox to drop its Blu-ray drive is imminent.Though the existence of the Xbox One S All Digital console wasn’t a well-kept secret, details including the preorder date, release date, pricing and marketing images were reportedly uncovered by Winfuture.de. The marketing images show an Xbox One S that looks almost identical to the current model minus the black slot in front for the optical disc drive. It will have a 1TB drive for storage; support HDR and 4K UHD; and include Minecraft, Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3. The leaked details supposedly confirm a May 7 release date and a preorder date of April 16 as well as pricing of €229, which converts to approximately $259, AU$360 and £200. With no optical drive, the All Digital model will rely on downloads only for games and content. The move could mark a turning point for the video game industry, which has sold video games on discs and cartridges for decades. Some people still prefer to buy physical copies of their games, in part to share them with friends or trade them in at retailers like GameStop.Industry mainstays like Microsoft and Sony’s PlayStation group have considered dumping disc drives for their consoles in… Read full this story
- Microsoft unveils Xbox in China as it faces probe
- Microsoft announces Windows 8 released to manufacturing
- Sony's PlayStation offline, Microsoft's Xbox restored in 'hack'
- Microsoft hopes "Titanfall" can boost Xbox One
- Microsoft, Sony battle for throne at gaming world's E3
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Gamer outrage prompts Xbox One policy changes
- Microsoft reports strong sales of XBox One
- Microsoft and FPT develop strategic partnership through cloud development
- Microsoft fiscal 2Q earns up 60 pct on PC rebound
- Microsoft Increases Its Dividend -- What You Need to Know
- Microsoft makes Office free to rival mobile platforms
Microsoft's rumored Xbox One S All Digital may be released May 7 for about $259 have 313 words, post on www.cnet.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.