close Video Exclusive look inside NASA program aimed at returning Americans to the moon NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine provides Fox News with a behind the scenes look at the mission to return to the moon in 2024 and establish a permanent base in lunar orbit. NASA astronaut Kate Rubins, the only American not on the planet, said the experience of voting in space is special. “It’s an honor for us,” she said in response to a question from Fox News during a press conference from the International Space Station on Friday. Rubins, who cast her vote from the ISS on Oct. 22, described voting as a duty. “We feel very lucky to vote from space,” she added. NASA ASTRONAUT KATE RUBINS HAS CAST HER BALLOT FROM SPACE “It’s actually pretty similar to the process of voting by absentee ballot from home,” the astronaut explained. She noted that the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) that astronauts use is the same that military personnel and their families use when they are overseas. “I don’t know that I am technically overseas,” she quipped. “The ballot is encrypted to us – we send it back down.” The astronaut used her small crew quarters on the orbiting… Read full this story
- NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson Who Set The Record For Most Days in Space Retires
- NASA astronaut to speak at Matrix
- Astronaut born in S.A. completed first American spacewalk 53 years ago this week
- Face of Defense: NASA to Launch First Army Doctor Into Space
- Black Astronaut Jeanette Epps Still Doesn't Know Why NASA Cancelled Her Historic Mission This Year
- A Hawaiian lava flow has been photographed from space
- US to set up new military 'space force'
- NASA’s most experienced astronaut, Peggy Whitson, hangs up her space helmet
- Iowa native Peggy Whitson retiring from NASA after record-setting career
- Woman wants to keep moon dust she says Neil Armstrong gifted her, so she's suing NASA
- Astronaut christens new Viking Cruises ship, Viking Orion, in elaborate ceremony
- 'Flying brain' blasts off on cargo ship towards the International Space Station
NASA astronaut describes the 'honor' and 'duty' of voting in space have 331 words, post on www.foxnews.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.