Netflix series The Crown will be filming in Wales this summer. Filming has already started on the third series of the huge show – and scenes will be shot in Wales. The next series is expected to air next year. Residents in Cwmaman, near Aberdare, have been written to telling them to expect film crews. Filming is also taking place in Ferndale and Big Pit. Cwmaman’s Glynhafod Junior School will be used for at least part of the filming and a production company has also appealed for young actors to take part. One appeal is for two children, aged between seven and 12, with Welsh accents. Big Pit National Coal Museum in Blaenavon is another location expected to be used during the shoot. It’s understood the filming relates to the Aberfan disaster. In October 1966, 116 children and 28 adults died in the village when a colliery spoil tip collapsed. The survivors told their story on the 50th anniversary of the disaster. This is how the press covered the disaster and aftermath. The Queen visited nine days later. In total, she made four visits to the village. In 1973 she was there to open a memorial centre, again in 1997… Read full this story
- Netflix's The Crown films the Aberfan disaster
- The best movies on Netflix Australia: great films you can watch right now
- How ‘Klaus’ Composer Created the Score for Netflix’s Animated Film
- Netflix made more films than any other studio. Now it wants an Oscar
- Streaming: all eyes on the Netflix crown
- Netflix pulls out of Cannes film festival after rule change
- Directors' Fortnight risks Cannes festival rupture by choosing Netflix film
- Netflix Sets Up UK Production Hub At Pinewood’s Shepperton Studios
- Netflix hit The Crown has sparked a backlash in the Scottish Borders region after an 'offensive' comment by Helena Bonham Carter's Princess Margaret
- The Crown writer says Gillian Anderson is ‘fierce and brilliant’ as Margaret Thatcher in season four
- Jennifer Aniston's 'Murder Mystery' tops Netflix 2019 shows
- The Obamas' first film: will American Factory be the biggest documentary of 2019?
Netflix production The Crown to film in Wales have 340 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at July 24, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.