New Era Field will have a new turf playing surface for the 2019 season, a Buffalo Bills spokesman confirmed. The new field is part of approximately $3 million being invested into the stadium. The money comes from a fund that annually includes contributions from the Bills, Erie County and the state, the spokesman said. Other projects planned for the offseason include concrete repairs and new paint and yearly annual maintenance. The new turf was initially reported by WXXI. The field is expected to be installed in May. A bidding process is required to determine which company will handle the installation. [Gallery: From Rich Stadium to the Ralph] The Bills’ current lease expires in the summer of 2023, although the Bills can opt out in 2020. The team has said it has no plans to opt out. The stadium had $130 million in renovations in 2014 as part of an agreement to extend the lease to 2023. In March, the NFL approved an $18 million renovation to improve the stadium’s sideline clubs and signage in advance of the 2018 seasons. The renovation were privately funded.
- Developer’s bid for 100 new homes in Macmerry
- Have your say on new homes for Purbeck
- New York and Rio ring in 2018
- Bristol City 3 Barnsley 1: Bobby Reid scores two for the Robins as Bristol City begin the new season on top
- Thibaut Courtois, Ross Barkley, Alvaro Morata… how Chelsea could line-up this season as the transfer window slams shut
- Stylist to the stars reveals what awards season is actually like
- Chelsea reveal Danny Drinkwater and Davide Zappacosta squad numbers for new season after landing duo in late deals
- What happened the last time Leeds United had a game called off?
- 'It was about time that I flew the QPR nest', says Brandon Comley
- Retiree buys brand-new car online without taking it for a test spin, in industry first
- FreeSports – new free sports TV channel showing ten live football matches per week including England World Cup qualifiers
- Playboy model dons dress made of MONEY on New York subway and gets strangers to rip notes off her ‘to help the poor’
New Era Field to get new turf in time for 2019 season have 348 words, post on buffalonews.com at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.