New Era Field will have a new turf playing surface for the 2019 season, a Buffalo Bills spokesman confirmed. The new field is part of approximately $3 million being invested into the stadium. The money comes from a fund that annually includes contributions from the Bills, Erie County and the state, the spokesman said. Other projects planned for the offseason include concrete repairs and new paint and yearly annual maintenance. The new turf was initially reported by WXXI. The field is expected to be installed in May. A bidding process is required to determine which company will handle the installation. [Gallery: From Rich Stadium to the Ralph] The Bills’ current lease expires in the summer of 2023, although the Bills can opt out in 2020. The team has said it has no plans to opt out. The stadium had $130 million in renovations in 2014 as part of an agreement to extend the lease to 2023. In March, the NFL approved an $18 million renovation to improve the stadium’s sideline clubs and signage in advance of the 2018 seasons. The renovation were privately funded.
- Kentucky ready for season opener against Louisiana-Lafayette
- 2015 NFL schedule released: 10 games to watch this season
- Warriors enter season with expectations soaring
- Detroit Pistons season preview
- Mourinho admits changing tactics throughout season to ensure top-four finish
- FSU’s bid to battle Auburn in ’19 season opener falls through
- Duke football officially kicks off new era with stadium changes
- Phillips rebound season slowed by groin strain
- New-look Predators win opener thanks to familiar faces
- Record-breaking year: 2014 NASCAR season off to flying start
- FOX Sports New Orleans LHSAA State Farm Prep Classic TV coverage
- ASU softball opens season with pair of wins
New Era Field to get new turf in time for 2019 season have 276 words, post on buffalonews.com at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.