ALBANY, N.Y. — New York realtors sold more than 10,200 previously owned homes in December, down about 11 percent from over 11,600 homes sold in December 2017. That’s according to the New York State Association of Realtors (NYSAR)’s December housing-market report. For the entire year, New York realtors sold 132,022 previously owned homes in 2018, off 2.5 percent from 135,048 homes sold in 2017. Closed sales fell in 2018 compared to the prior year “for the first time in five years,” according to NYSAR. Sales data Pending sales totaled more than 7,600 in December, off almost 5 percent compared to the same month in 2017. The months supply of homes for sale rose to 5.4 months from 5.3 months a year ago. A 6 month to 6.5 month supply is considered to be a balanced market. The number of homes for sale totaled 59,889 in December, a decrease of 0.3 percent compared to December 2017. Central New York data Realtors in Onondaga County sold 375 previously owned homes in December, down 15 percent from 441 in December 2017. The median sales price rose 0.2 percent to $147,000 from more than $146,000 a year ago, according to the NYSAR report. NYSAR… Read full this story
- Eugene Hernandez named director of New York Film Festival
- Cuomo says Trump is punishing New York for being too blue
- New York’s Cuomo wants $40 million to respond to new virus
- How Would New York City Respond to the Coronavirus?
- New York hosts FC Cincinnati for season opener
- 4 Events Worth Checking Out In New York City This Weekend
- New York faces Washington, seeks to halt 3-game slide
- Ex-New York Gov. Paterson set to wed this weekend
- New York City expands mobile program to reach mentally ill
- New York City rule limiting for-hire cruising is struck down
- New York State to Auction Junk on New Website
- New York Primary Delayed to Remember September 11
New York, CNY home sales fall in December have 294 words, post on www.cnybj.com at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.