An outstanding week of automotive events around the Monterey Peninsula culminated in the most important car show of the year. First, we would like to thank the Concours for allowing us to display on Peter Hay Hill. Secondly, we would like to show you the highlights of this year’s event.
Sunday morning had beautiful weather for the Dawn Patrol. This is a chance for spectators to see these amazing cars make their way onto the field.
For us, the most significant members of this group was a Nostalgia Motorcycle from NMOTO. They are the first bikes ever allowed onto the Concept Lawn. It was placed next to what inspired it, the 1934 BMW R7.
After the cars are in place, the judges waste no time and head into their respective classes. Once their results were tabulated, the awards ceremony began. Here are a few happy entrants that have achieved the highest award in the automotive world.
First In Class Winners:
American Classic Open
American Classic Closed
Bentley Centennial 3 Litre
Bentley Centennial 4½ Litre
Bentley Centennial 6½ Litre
Bentley Centennial Derby
Bentley Centennial Postwar
European Classic Open
European Classic Closed
Bugatti Type 57
Ferrari Grand Touring
Zagato Centennial Prewar
Zagato Centennial Postwar
Best In Show
If you are curious about the order in which the awards were given, we have a treat for you. Below is a birds-eye view of the entire show. We’ll see you there next year.
Image Source: Kimball Studios/Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- Classic Auto Week adds Ferrari Concours at Pebble Beach
- Citroën star du prochain concours d'élégance de Pebble Beach
- Quail Motorcycle Gathering, the 'Pebble Beach of motorcycles,' turns 10
- Art Basel's Parent Company Is Bringing a Giant Collectible Auto Fair to Miami Beach
- Newcomers add extra sparkle to Concours D’elegance
- Cleanest beaches in England revealed – as SIX lose their Blue Flag Awards for 2018
- Saoirse Ronan steals the show in this desperately sad adaptation of Ian McEwan’s On Chesil Beach
- 2019 elections and the dangers ahead
- Clayton Andrews throws another gem as Long Beach State edges Cal State Fullerton 1-0
- Long Beach tackling plan to fight, adapt to climate change
- Contract awarded for second phase of Long Beach Airport improvements
- Concours SA 2018 to be held at Steyn City