Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has promised a “new era for Latinos” in a comprehensive plan aimed at bringing “systemic discrimination” against the Latino community to an end. “Today I’m proud to announce a bold, comprehensive plan to dismantle the institutional barriers that have kept Latinos from feeling like they fully belong in their country,” Buttigieg said in a Twitter statement, sharing his new plan titled “El Pueblo Unido,” or “A New Era for Latinos.” Early on in the plan, the South Bend, Indiana mayor takes a clear dig at President Donald Trump, asserting that despite their contributions to the economy and to society, the U.S. leader has continued to attack the Latino community. “As the largest ethnic group in America, Latinos are a key part of the economic engine for our country,” Buttigieg states. “They are 50 percent more likely to start a business than their white counterparts…[and] Latino-owned companies grow faster than companies owned by other groups. “Despite these contributions…Latinos have been subjected to relentless and bigoted attacks by this President and his administration.” Noting how Trump initially began his campaign by “slurring Mexican immigrants,” Buttigieg accuses the president of having “inspired others to do the same.” “Emboldened… Read full this story
- Iowa Voters Laugh as Pete Buttigieg Promises ‘Silicon Prairie’
- What a difference one month can make for Pete Buttigieg in New Hampshire
- Jeff Bewkes promises new era for TW
- Pete Buttigieg: Anyone Who Supports Trump ‘Is Supporting Racism’
- Pete Buttigieg Lectures ‘Comfortable’ White Liberals on Race
- Pete Buttigieg: Donald Trump Taunting Me to Get My Attention
- Pete Buttigieg: Trump’s Behavior Has Become ‘Criminal’
- Pete Buttigieg Announces 2020 Democrat Presidential Campaign
- Pete Buttigieg, Explained: Why Do Big tech and NeverTrump Love Him So Much?
- Pete Buttigieg: America Under Donald Trump More Like Russia
- Pete Buttigieg Would Keep U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem
- Pete Buttigieg: 2020 Citizenship Census Question Is Racist
Pete Buttigieg Promises 'New Era for Latinos' That Will Bring Trump's 'Relentless and Bigoted Attacks' to an End have 320 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.