It’s very quick, though. In case you no longer watch Top Gear, the show recently had the opportunity to lap the Porsche Taycan Turbo S around its test track. The EV went around the course in 1:17.6, which is the fastest result ever for a four-door vehicle. It ties the time for the Koenigsegg CCX with the Top Gear wing and modern Honda NSX. The next best results for sedans are 1:21.4 from the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and 1:21.5 for the Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance. While the Taycan Turbo S is undoubtedly quick around Top Gear’s track, the sound that it is likely to be far more polarizing among watchers. Electric motors have a very linear sound that progressively increases in pitch and volume. To some ears, the sound just doesn’t have the drama that comes from an internal combustion engine. There are no pops or bangs here to add to the mechanical chorus. You just hear the electric whine, tire noise, and the wind. Gallery: 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo 27 Photos The Taycan Turbo S comes standard with the Porsche Electric Sport Sound system. The tech can make certain noises from the drivetrain quieter in the cabin and amplify others. The company describes… Read full this story
- Can AMG's Latest Touch A Regular Porsche 911 Turbo On The Track?
- 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S: The Jalopnik Review
- Why Buy A Nissan GT-R When This Porsche 911 Turbo Is Half The Price?
- Chris Harris Is Unsurprisingly A Porsche 911 Turbo Purist
- Why The Hell Did I Just Buy A Broken Porsche 944 Turbo?
- 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo Is A Luxury Hot Hatch On Steroids
- How My Aston Martin V8 Vantage Stacks Up Against A Porsche 911 Turbo
- 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet: Five Things to Know
- Can A Porsche Macan Turbo Pull Its Weight Against A BMW M2?
- Watch A $200,000 Porsche Panamera Turbo Get Beat On A Dirt Track
- Ask Us All Your Deep Burning Questions About The Porsche Macan Turbo
- Get Your Bank Account Ready, The Porsche 997 Turbo Just Got Stupid Cheap
Porsche Taycan Turbo S Lapping Top Gear Track Sounds... Interesting have 339 words, post on www.motor1.com at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.