Microsoft is adding an artificial intelligence-powered assistant to PowerPoint, to help improve people's presentations. The new feature, dubbed Presenter Coach, will appear during a rehearsal mode for PowerPoint slides and offer feedback on your presentation skills by listening to audio from your computer's microphone. Presenter Coach will pop up with tips about pacing and filler words so you're not muttering or stuttering through a presentation, and also help presenters be more inclusive with their language, with suggestions like police officer instead of policeman. If you swear during a presentation it will suggest that you don't use profanity, and it will even highlight culturally insensitive phrases or alert you if you're just lazily reading off the slides. PowerPoint will then generate a report with metrics about how well you've done in your rehearsal. Microsoft says it's adding this feature because it has "received feedback from educators, students, and customers that people want an easy way to practice their presentations to improve their public speaking abilities." Presentations are already nerve-wracking for many as it is, but this new Presenter Coach will only appear during a rehearsal mode. That means you won't get any additional anxiety from pop-ups giving you tips on your… Read full this story
- Want people to listen to you? Stop saying these three things
- Are You Really Listening? 7 Barriers to Listening Effectively.
- Three Things You Really Need To Stop Saying In Presentations
- 3 Tricks to Get People to Actually Listen to Your Presentations
- Wharton Professor: Want To Be A Success? Stop Being Enthusiastic
- 6 Ways to Stop Overthinking Everything
- What Happened When I Stopped Trying To “Out-Man” The Men I Work With
- Augment apologies with relationship-building
- IT'S FRIDAY FILM: Mike Leigh's convoluted tale of heroic struggle is so wordy, you might nod off, says BRIAN VINER
- Tips For Techies Who Want To Wow A Crowd
- Adopt these 4 speaking habits to boost your leadership presence
- Sheryl Sandberg's Full HBS Speech: Get On A Rocketship Whenever You Get The Chance
PowerPoint will listen to rehearsals to help you stop swearing and stuttering have 337 words, post on www.theverge.com at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.